Vokera combi dropping .5 bar a week. -Update

I see it as a complex.

When you are good at what you do, others praise your skill. There is no need to sing your own praise as your clients are doing it for you

This "others workers are c5ap" comment is getting so tiring that posters who would not say boo to a ghost are beginning to leave negative comments now
As my old man used to say...."lad , self praise is no praise"...
It was only last year that Agile was seeking advice as to what fixings to use when hanging a boiler on a stud partition wall......also he was seeking advice on how much to charge regarding the pump plan thread , although most saw through him and realised he was fishing for information as to how to wire the controls...
I certainly wouldn't employ his services.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have correctly repressurised the EXV. Something many pros don't seem very good at.
What percentage of "pros" do you feel aren't worthy of re-pressurising an expansion vessel?

Some don't seem to know how to do it property.

I don't know how many.

But a lady I know has called me twice, and paid me, to repressurise her Worcester boiler which is hardly three years old now and is on a BG care plan which she regularly calls them out to.

Another case was BG who fitted an external EXV to an older Potty combi with a failed EXV. But they had not set the air pressure! Easy job for me. All of 12 minutes!

Tony

Some don't seem to know how to do it property.

You said MANY pro's so which is it?

But a lady I know has called me twice, and paid me, to repressurise her Worcester boiler which is hardly three years old now and is on a BG care plan which she regularly calls them out to.
Then you should have advised the "lady" on the correct course of action to take in avoiding future call outs ie: fit a larger external vessel....then again you haven't received any training/qualifications with regard to the plumbing/heating industry.

Another case was BG who fitted an external EXV to an older Potty combi with a failed EXV. But they had not set the air pressure! Easy job for me. All of 12 minutes!
Well done you........A word of advice Mr Glazier , get off that imaginary pedestal of yours that you constantly jack yourself up on...

Sponsored Links
Then you should have advised the "lady" on the correct course of action to take in avoiding future call outs ie: fit a larger external vessel....then again you haven't received any training/qualifications with regard to the plumbing/heating industry.

The lady lives in a smaller two bed flat and the boiler EXV is more than adequate for her system.

If I only came across one or even two who did not repressurise properly that could be coincidence.

But I come across quite a few and so across the country that is going to be many.

Customers who take an interest sometimes even ask me why another RGI did not depressurise the system when adding air. The impression I get is that most do not bother. And of course most of the time they get away with it.

Tony you cannot be serious

This lady you refer to, do you have her details?
BG job, do you have the details- bet a local who might post here might want to have a quiet word in that persons ear
Take it you are the only rGI who can save our world then(y)

But I come across quite a few and so across the country that is going to be many.

Why are you complaining if these guys do shoddy work and you make money off their back. I would be praising these fools

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back