vokera combi scalding hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this 'friend of a friend job' please?
Spoke to woman tonight says she has a vokera combi didn't know model etc - water is hot enough to have burnt her!
Usually have problems getting the things hot enough ;).
Apparantly she's already had another corgi bloke out and he rang vokera and they didn't know the fault...
Jobs 30 miles away, I'm an installer rather than a service guy and I'm pretty tempted to tell her just to call Vokera service out unless you guys can persuade me it's something simple.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
The immediate suspicion is the temperature sensor not responding. But could be lots of other faults!

However if you are not familiar with repairing boilers I would not even recommend you travel even five miles unless you have a good expectation of fixing it. Its not worth wasting your time if you have boilers to install.

Vokera have a team of 27 (?) service engineers and their charges are not unreasonable ( about £90 fixed ? ). They would usually carry all the parts.

Tony Glazier

Cheers Tony, much appreciated.
I am interested in repairing boilers, but it's a Catch 22, I don't like to let people down by not being able to do the job, but without practising I'm never going to learn!
Sounds as though I might have to wait for something a bit easier to start with :rolleyes:

I would suggest you start with simple floor mounted old boilers which are very simple.

Learn to use a test meter fully first!

Leave combis till last !!!

I have to say that the latest premix condensing boilers need an FGA to set up properly and are the future but I think it is a long time before the average RGI will be comfortable with them!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice Tony, by test meter do you mean an electrical multi-meter?
I've also got Telgan sprint 2000, 5 in 1, with flue gas analyser but still mainly use the u gauge :eek: .
Doesn't run out of batteries and doesn't bounce all over the place on a tightness test :confused: .

Agile said:
I would suggest you start with simple floor mounted old boilers which are very simple.

Learn to use a test meter fully first!

Leave combis till last !!!

I have to say that the latest premix condensing boilers need an FGA to set up properly and are the future but I think it is a long time before the average RGI will be comfortable with them!

Tony Glazier

condesending git :rolleyes:
ohhh excuse me i am mr wonderfull :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Worth having a look, if it happens on hot water take the two leeds of the hot water thermister and place them on the heating thermister, run tap, if that has fixed it, switch leeds back and order a thermister.

No gurantee that this will work as some Vokera have CH sensor on the primary water and HW sensor on secondary side. For instance the Linea will show primary temp during heating mode and secndary temperature during HW drawoff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back