Installing a timer away from my Vokera Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie here

My vokera combi boiler is in the loft of my house - don't ask me why, it was the previous owners - and the control for it is on it's front panel. Therefore in order to change any setting I need to get up there. Wife is pregant and I want to give her better control of the heating while I am in work. Therefore I want to install an electronic timer in the upstairs cupboard so she can change it as she sees fit.

I emailed Vokera and they advise that any single channel timer that supports voltage free switching will do just nicely and I have ordered this in.

Now, I'm happy and confident in wiring it in but just need some advice on the best way to do it. I have the installation manual for the boiler also.

Have any of you done a job like this before? If so a little step by step would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Doh!

sorry it's a Maxin 24e/28e

suppose that would help a little eh?

Sponsored Links
I see it now. So if I take a cable from the controller and feed it (tidily) to the boiler and input to the terminal block all should be well? along with the L and N wires obviously.

Nice one.

One mans switch is another mans mountain to climb.

thanks for the help.

:D

Programmable thermostat might be better - then you get control of time and temperature....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back