Combi boiler replacement (Vokera)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
duplicates merged
I want to replace my vokera compact 29HE combi with a vokera evolve 36c, I can buy the part locally myself. Can anyone tell me if a engineer would be ok giving a cost for install only.

Sponsored Links
I want to replace a vokera compact 29he
With a evolve 36c I can buy the boiler, can anyone tell me if a engineer would quote for install only

Thanks

can anyone tell me if a engineer would quote for install only
Someone might, and if you search for long enough in the right places, you can usually get someone to do anything.

Don't expect to get anyone good, or any kind of warranty, or save any money either.

Some will, some won't. Why don't you want the installer to supply it? Be aware that you're likely to get less backup from the installer if it goes wrong, if you supply it

Sponsored Links
Looking at the posts on forums and heating company web sites, I don't see many that recommend vokera and I'd prefer to replace like for like so that the pipe fitting is the same. I will take your advice and get some quotes for supply and fit. Can you recommend a company in the Glasgow area.

It is unlikely you would save much with self supplying the boiler, but as said above - if you then have problems with the boiler or it proved to be faulty, it would be your problem to chase up the supplier and you would be responsible for the extra cost involved to replace it.

My Vaillant registered installer from last year, said he was quite happy to let me supply my choice of new Vaillant boiler. Comparing what I would save by self supplying, versus him supplying - it just wasn't worth the extra risk or effort on my part.

Some will and some won't. You would have to ask your chosen installer(s) personally. However, you might want to consider what would happen in the event of it being faulty, or a fault developing later on.

A friend of mine once installed a boiler obtained by his customer, and it didn't work. It took a full day to find out why, which turned out to be because the boiler was designed for use with LPG and not natural gas! The customer then had to pay labour for the fault finding time, taking the original boiler out and then installing the replacement.

BTW, for future reference, this question may have attracted more attention if you had posted it in the 'Plumbing and Central Heating' forum, which is where those 'in the know' are more likely to see it. Don't start a duplicate thread there now otherwise you will get two threads going on the same subject, which causes confusion and wastes people's time answering a question that has already been covered. Duplicate threads are also against the Forum Rules. However, you could ask the moderator's to move this one across if you like.

Looking at the posts on forums and heating company web sites, I don't see many that recommend vokera and I'd prefer to replace like for like so that the pipe fitting is the same.

Nothing wrong with vokera TBH. It's a popular boiler in Glasgow/scotland especially with landlords and people on a budget. Installed quite a few without issue. Like any boiler its all about the prep ensuring the system is clean and in good condition prior to the install. Most come with a 5 year warranty min and their support is good IME.

You could ring Margaret on 01727 744002 at the office. It's not her job but she sits near Charlie who has the list of accredited installers across the country but I don't know his direct line.

@tonybhoy, a member of a forum here, is in Glasgow.

I think @ianmcd is Edinburgh.

Lovely boiler, if you can, pair it with the BeSMART control, not the prettiest but does things others cannot and that I think are important.

Thanks @vulcancontinental.

I don't have a problem with install only if someone wants to buy the boiler & flue etc, just done exactly that for a customer with an Ideal combi.

OP @GG1975 whereabouts in Glasgow are you, postcode/area?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back