Advice - Vokera Evolve 36C Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have the Vokera Evolve 36C Combi Boiler installed in their home, or have experience of it as an engineer? I’m trying to find out whether a noise I’m repeatedly hearing is a normal thing in this model of boiler. It appears to be the fan which is making a loud noise after the hot water tap has been run and shut off. It also happens when the central heating has been on and then turns itself off. The boiler has been installed in our loft but the noise is so excessive, you can hear it in other rooms in our home. I tried to attach a video to show the noise but unfortunately the post won’t allow it.

Sponsored Links
They're quite quiet, around 50db as most boilers are. I might bewhat it's fixed to if it's not screwed to brickwork. It has a 10 year warranty as long as you've kept it serviced otherwise if you call them out there'd be a charge or it turns out to be a non-boiler factor like poor supports making it noisy.

Hopefully I’ve posted the video successfully:

Sponsored Links
Give Vokera a call as already advised, if you havent kept up the servicing Vokera will possibly service it for you at a charge and re-instate the warranty

I really appreciate everyone’s help. Our boiler still is under warranty (it came with 7 years and we still have 3 years left) but I’ve already had the Vokera engineer out twice. He said that it just the noise of the fan working in our model of boiler as it expels the harmful gases out through the flue. I just find it excessively loud especially as I can hear it 2 floors down in my kitchen. As previously mentioned it only does this when the hot water tap has been run and then shut off, and when the central heating has been on and then turns itself off. Is there something specific I should be saying to the Vokera engineer to check out, or is it simply a case of the fan needing replacing? I’m assuming this isn’t a normal noise for this model of boiler afterall?

He said that it just the noise of the fan working in our model of boiler as it expels the harmful gases out through the flue.
yes your boiler has a post burn purge that is correct, but shouldnt be that loud

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
This is difficult as I cant reproduce a loftspace acoustic and anyway am partially deaf so what you hear through good ears is not what i hear through hearing aids.

I am standing right in front of an evolve system boiler in our training room so same range, different model in a different acoustic and different phone.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back