Combi Boiler Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 year old combi boiler installed in airing cupboard upstairs. My elderly neighbour has said that random noises coming from boiler during night wake her up, no one in my house can hear these noises.

I don't wish to upset elderly folks next door, had it checked by 3 plumbers and I keep the boiler switched off - she says she still hears these loud noises that give her a headache. I cannot understand how something switched off can make such loud noises - help please.

Sponsored Links
Can't see how a switched off boiler is making noises, maybe expansion and contraction noise but not for much more than a hour after turning off at most.

I suspect she has a bee in her bonnet about your boiler and the noises have another source in her house maybe vermin in the loft or building movement as the temprature drops at night.

A poltergeist is more likely to be making the noises than a turned off combi ;)

How does she know it is from your boiler?? Either she is supergran or she is using the word boiler as a euphemism for something else ;) you know what i mean ;)

My old boiler is noisy at night. Don't think she's woken the neighbours though. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately many old people have these ideas in their mind and whatever you do will not make them see reason.

You could ask her to come and knock on your door the next time so that you can take her to see that it is off!

Done a load of work for a customer a couple of years ago, shortly after his elderly neighbour was complaining of a noise at about 4-5 in the morning and was adamant it was coming from my customers property....long story short turned out it was his own system that had a faulty motorized valve keeping the hot water and boiler cycling all night :rolleyes:

Done a load of work for a customer a couple of years ago, shortly after his elderly neighbour was complaining of a noise at about 4-5 in the morning and was adamant it was coming from my customers property....long story short turned out it was his own system that had a faulty motorized valve keeping the hot water and boiler cycling all night :rolleyes:

My old lodger lady asked me to tell the young male lodger to stop "burning her" while she is sleeping!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back