Vokera compact 24SE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a pal that's got an intermittent fault on his Vokera compact se.
With its dual primary HE it's a simple enough wee boiler. Unfortunately I've never caught it misbehaving & any time I call round it's working OK.

He is saying it locks out & flashes red at times, with no pattern of events or reasons. I've checked forums & most are saying its a bit of a pig for intermittent faults.

Next visit I'm going to change the two thermistors & test everything else.

Any RGIs got experience of these boilers or is it best to check the usual suspects?
Thanks chaps.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, you are unlikely to find anything wrong.

I had one like that just faulting every 3-4 days but it annoyed the tenants and they got the landlord to call me. At least they made nice coffee.

Eventually the landlord sold the flat so I never completed the repair but all the advice was that it was likely to be the ignition PCB of which there are two types. For parts changers its advised to replace both PCBs together.

Its a real pain on that boiler that about seven different faults can trigger the red light!

Tony

Better Togther supporter!

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="3215713 said:
Unfortunately, you are unlikely to find anything wrong.

I had one like that just faulting every 3-4 days but it annoyed the tenants and they got the landlord to call me. At least they made nice coffee.

Eventually the landlord sold the flat so I never completed the repair but all the advice was that it was likely to be the ignition PCB of which there are two types. For parts changers its advised to replace both PCBs together.

Its a real pain on that boiler that about seven different faults can trigger the red light!

Tony

Thanks Tony, anecdotal evidence does appear to say that the ignition PCB can be the issue. Further tests required... ;)

Sorted! Called over, got the kettle on & then tested everything. In this instance it was a thermistor, though I changed the two.

It's funny, I remember years ago on a boiler course & the old boy told us; with boilers, check the mechanics first, then each individual component - starting with the cheapest. 9 times out of 10 you'll leave the customer a hero & she'll tell all her friends of course.

Like everything, you can't buy experience. That's why Course Cowboys will always be c.ap....... ;)

PS. As always, thanks to Tony & DIA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back