Vokera compact 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there , looking for some advice please .
I have a vokera compact 24 which I fitted in 2008, at installation I fitted a magnaclean filter and I have had no issues with boiler ever which I put down to the magnetic filter .
However yesterday the boiler started intermittently failing to fire up with a solid red light on the boiler .
If I turn the control dial to off and back on it fires up fine and runs for another couple of hours .
I set up Ipad to record the boiler to see what was happening, normally the fan comes on etc before burner lights but the sequence didn’t get as far as this ,red light came on immediately .
Could this be the thermistor ?
Any help would be much appreciated

thanks
Ross

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to be the thermistor, two usual suspects but sadly site rules prohibit us to advise on these, as they are both classed as gas work and not DIY repairs

Hi Ian thanks for reply , I’m going to get my mate to carry out repairs who is gas safe registered , but to be honest he is more of an installer than repairer and he will need a steer in the right direction .
If I gave you my email address would you be able to tell me the 2 likely issues you mentioned that way, so as not posting on the forum ? And the work is getting done by gas safe engineer anyway so no risk that way , hope you can help.
Cheers
Ross

post a pic of the front of your boiler, there are quite a few Vokera compacts

Sponsored Links
8CE355E1-DD02-49F3-AF75-F6DF0845C147.jpeg
CB511B0B-DBAF-4238-8F84-83DB3AA30F32.jpeg
CB511B0B-DBAF-4238-8F84-83DB3AA30F32.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back