Vokera compact HE - no spark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler isn't going into the ignition stage. Hot tap goes on, fans start, air switch clicks, but no spark. Tried the usual off/on/reset but no joy. The light doesn't show any error (which is strange) just the usual green flashes. It started playing up a couple of weeks ago but when I take the front cover off it worked, albeit with a slight delay. Now a week later and nothing. Water pressure is spot on and the air switch clicks as it should. Have checked that there are no loose wires and everything appears to be as it should.

Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You need a gas safe reg engineer to repair the problem.

Make sure they experienced in fault finding.

Umm - was hoping to eliminate some of the obvious myself first.

What voltage should the air switch be putting out if it's functioning correctly, are there other places I can can test to establish which section is at fault, etc

put the cover back on and stop messing with stuff you know nothing about before you eliminate yourself.

Sponsored Links
The cover is part of the room sealed design of the boiler which makes it inherently safe.

At least until a DIYer decides to compromise the sealed state of the boiler.

As advised get a Gas Safe engineer familiar with fault finding on Vokeras.

Tony

Badly worded.... The burner cover is on so it IS sealed (I'm not a complete moron) just removed the outer case so I could see if it was igniting - can't see the viewing window without doing that. It was only serviced in Feb so I wouldn't expect there to be any blockages. I checked the external flue just in case something had decided to build a nest in there but it's all clear.

its an easy fault and the part won't cost much but you need a gas safe engineer to repair , it shouldn't take to long to repair ( you hope:LOL: )

Sounds like you know but you're not telling..... ;)

Fair enough if it's something internal, I can understand why you wouldn't want an amateur opening things up! Just wanted to try and eliminate any wiring / pcb issues first as they are easily accessible.

nice try mate but your wide of the mark;) you need someone in it shouldn't cost the earth

Last edited:
Think I'll go with your first response.... sure it's something simple but I'm not going to open it up.

Last time I had a problem with this $hite thing it was just a dirty air switch but tried all the easy stuff now and no joy.

Will have a ring round tomorrow and get someone out.

It is not a ****e thing, it is an easy fix on a solid boiler and the last fault was not a dusty air pressure switch as they're sealed. If the guy changed it last time because he told you it was that use someone else this time. PCB is expensive but that can happen to anyone, the recuperator is very expensive so get it serviced properly and get him to include cleaning the recuperator which will save you a packet.

Last edited:
Badly worded.... The burner cover is on so it IS sealed (I'm not a complete moron) just removed the outer case so I could see if it was igniting - can't see the viewing window without doing that. It was only serviced in Feb so I wouldn't expect there to be any blockages. I checked the external flue just in case something had decided to build a nest in there but it's all clear.

The outer case IS part of the sealed case.

You should be able to see that the air sucked into the boiler circulates around the internal parts.

It should only be opened by a gas registered engineer.

Tony

The outer case IS part of the sealed case.

You should be able to see that the air sucked into the boiler circulates around the internal parts.

It should only be opened by a gas registered engineer.
No it is not so dont go worrying but dont remove the combustion cover either

It's definitely not part of the sealed unit. Not unless massive gaps at the bottom and top count as sealed anyway....

No fear, staying well away from the combustion chamber!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back