Vokera Excell 80 E Heating Wont Turn OFF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,I hoping one of you fine gents can give your experienced opinion on this one...the boiler is constantly on, the house is boiling and the thermostat is set to 18c.I have to switch the boiler off to stop it working,then I have no hot water.

When the boiler is on it fires up for about 5mins,cuts out then about 30 secs later fires again.This cycle continues until I switch it off with the main switch,Its as if there is a constant demand for heat.

I always have it serviced each year by a local engineer who does a cracking job and keeps the dam thing alive for me,even tho its an old POS!!unfortunately I can't get old of this chap as he's on his jollies.So it looks like I'm going to get somebody else in,but I would just like"heads up"as to the potential problem just in case John Wayne pulls up in his trusty rusty Ford Transit..LOL!!and then i'm ready for him.

Much love.....Maccer

Sponsored Links
ok, I believe thats a wireless thermostat, could be someone else nearby has a wireless thermostat that is controlling your boiler in which case you will have to alter the frequency, (see manual)
Or diverter stuck/micro switch faulty.

Sponsored Links
ok, I believe thats a wireless thermostat, could be someone else nearby has a wireless thermostat that is controlling your boiler in which case you will have to alter the frequency, (see manual)
Or diverter stuck/micro switch faulty.

hello,its not a wireless thermo its wired to the boiler and attached to the wall.Its about a year old and never been a prob.If I disconnect it and the heating still wont switch off you think diverter/micro switch then?Is that where a pin comes out and hits a switch to turn something on?

Disconnect thermostat cable from the boiler replace loop and use boiler thermostat control, if heating then works ok its your thermostat. But at the moment think its probably diverter or mirco switch.

thanks for this Easyflow,i'll look into it and let you know the findings.

thanks again.Maccer

switch the boiler to DHW only and that will rule out external controls, if that stops your problem then it is the thermostat if it doesnt then it is a short in the DHW flow switch

even tho its an old POS

You cannot be serious. What prompts you to have negative opinion of a boiler that outshines many despite being a good 15 to 20 years old. Problem you have is an easy fix. Look after the boiler, you will unlikely need a replacement anytime soon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back