vokera excell 80 s.p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am working on this combi boiler, problem is the boiler when on the heating is cutting on and off up to 5 times a minute. i have spoken 2 vokera not much help, any ideas the p.c.b-gasvale and modulater also the c.h thermstor have been changed still doing the same, the gas is modulating ok max burner pressure 8mbar

any ideas ????

Sponsored Links
does it do it on hotwater? just the fan venturi gets blocked on them very easy. have you changed all those parts?! it could need nothing more than a good service!!!

been thinking those boilers are really easy to fix, just micro switches and diaphrams, am shocked at the amount of parts that have been thrown into that boiler :eek: :eek: :eek:

hot water is fine, just the heating yes those parts have been changed, venturi? if that was blocked it wouldnt work till it was cleared out and for the c.h thermistor that was changed as the ohms werent correct.

Sponsored Links
the gas is modulating ok max burner pressure 8mbar

Max BP on an excel is not 8 mBar so how is that ok?

Are you really an "heatingengineer"? I doubt it.

is the water able to leave the boiler down the flow pipe? if you say everything is working ok in hotwater mode, you ruled out roomstat and time clock then is the heat able to leave the boiler? diverter valve? dirt in side boiler? most likey causes, feel the pipes in the boiler, what is getting hot, follow it with your hands, see where it is sticking and building up heat, if you have changed all those parts give the customer there money back and walk away mate, it does not sound like you truely know what you are doing, how much did that little lot cost? do you plan on passing that cost onto customer :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

venturi? if that was blocked it wouldnt work till it was cleared out

Are you sure about that?

c.h thermistor that was changed as the ohms werent correct

What were the readings that you measured?

Why did you change the PCB,modultor coil and gas valve?

max bp is 11mbar error when i was typing o.k

The number "1" is at the other end of the keyboard to the number "8" so that must have been one hell of a slip :LOL:

that boiler might just need a good service!! are you going to charge custmoer for all those parts!!!!!!!!!???? :eek: :eek:

ha maybe he slipped of the chair and hit the keyboard on the way down, from the shock of the amount of parts that have gone into that boiler!!! :LOL: :LOL: that he did not need to fit

anyone wanna buy 3/4's of a vokera???? :LOL: :LOL:

haha when did this site get all these comedians??? well not been in front of the boiler at this moment in time and doing 8 repairs a day you do tend to forget a few things, there are no restrictions in the flow in h/w and ch sides as for the parts when i phoned voker they talked me throgh the fault finding they said the p.c.b and modulator were at fault. smart arse

so if you have no comments that would help you shouldnt be on this site

8 repairs a day can i come and work for you!! are vokera at the boiler? how do you know diverter is not stuck, end of the day if you leave it long enough does it start to heat the central heating? think about it why would it shut of 5 times a minute? but work ok in hotwater mode? works in hotwater mode so next thing is diverter, the boiler has only one thermister and you changed everything else, repost in combustion chamber and will give you details of common faults with that boiler, the boileronly has one thermister and you say it works fine in hotwater mode, which is pretty much using eveything that the boiler has component wise, run the boiler for 10 minutes in hotwater mode, why would you change mod coil when you could check that in hotwater mode? and the thermister?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back