Vokera Excell 80 SP - and heated towel rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace my bathroom radiator with a heated towel rail.

I know that some central heating systems use a thermostat free radiator or towel rail for excess hot water, but with the vokera providing instant hot water only, I'm wondering if that applies in this case? Would I have sufficient heat going to my towel rail when the central heating is turned off for this to be a good idea?

The alternative would be to buy an electric towel rail, which I'm happy to do, but it's a small bathroom, and the radiator has to go, so I need to be sure it's ok to remove it and not affect the workings of the boiler.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jane

Sponsored Links
JaneFromNorfolk said:
I know that some central heating systems use a thermostat free radiator or towel rail for excess hot water, but with the vokera providing instant hot water only, I'm wondering if that applies in this case?
It doesn't apply in the case of any combi.

Would I have sufficient heat going to my towel rail when the central heating is turned off for this to be a good idea?
No. You'd have no water circulating to the towel rail when the central heating is off.

The alternative would be to buy an electric towel rail, which I'm happy to do, but it's a small bathroom, and the radiator has to go
What radiator?!!

The radiator I was referring to is the one which is already in the bathroom. With the little space I have, I'd rather have a heated towel rail - and now you've confirmed that the most suitable type of towel rail would be an electric one.

Thanks for your help :)

Jane

An electric heater costs about four times as much to run as a gas one.

Most people are happy with an theirs connected to the central heating.

I think that there are some dual fuel types which can heated electrically during the summer only.

Tony

Sponsored Links
movement of air dries things. Cpt. Maurice Seddon used to put a small fan in his motorcycle boots to dry them without damaging the leather. I once came across a couple who hang clothes in the doors of internal rooms, the air currents speeding up as they pass through the door are sufficient.

In these days of renewable energy we shouldn't be drying with electric heat in the summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back