Vokera Excell 80SP: Hot water (most of the time!) & no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like it’s ready for the scrapheap based on the title, doesn’t it? :D

However I like the boiler, it's nice and quiet (important for open plan living room and kitchen) and has been working well for years with only minor issues. I will admit that it will be in need of a service but I've not been sure how willing companies are to service such an old boiler.

Recently I replaced the 2 diaphragms and brass nozzles and the figure 8 style seal. I couldn’t figure out where one of the washers in the service kit went, nor where the little white plastic insert type thing should go. In my attachment I couldn't figure out where 1, 2 or 3 went. I guess 3 is for boilers that take the other seal shown. Any ideas on them would be great as I can’t figure it out from the exploded view in the manual.

I had a minor leak which was dripping in to the cracked case of the circuit board. I fixed the leak and replaced the damaged circuit board with a refurbished one from eBay. I also spotted a tiny drip from the diaphragm activated pins so I replaced them too. Now the hot water goes on and heat up very hot sometimes only for about 20 seconds (sometimes more), then goes cold, the boiler then fires up again and the water stays cold for another 20 seconds and then gets warm again but generally not as hot as before.

The central heating now does nothing. The thermostat clicks and the circuit appears to complete and the timer is set to heating on (as is the control dial) but it does nothing. No firing, no pump, nothing at all.

Because of the unusually warm weather the heating has not been going on and so it is hard to pinpoint if the central heating developed a fault before or after me replacing the valves the other day.

Any help or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• vokera.png
    vokera.png
    43 KB · Views: 337
Sponsored Links
2 goes on to 1 and then you take the metal rod from the existing insert and place it into the new shuttle , you must also use the O ring with the blue line on it and put it onto the new shuttle (the part you call the white plastic thing )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back