Vokera Flowmatic RS 20-80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having problems with the above boiler on and off for about 6 months. initially the shower was just running hot and cold repeatedly every 5 mins, then I couldn't get any hot water at all. I got a Vokera engineer to take a look and they were unable to fix it, until on the fourth visit they replaced the fan and got the boiler working again, but a month and a half later I have stopped being able to get any hot water at all.

The boiler is about 15 years old and doesn't look like it was serviced by the previous owner at all. I have lived in the flat for a year.

The call out charge for the engineer is alot and I'm wondering if it is worth further call out charges to attempt to resolve the problem, or whether it would be better to just get a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
My reaction is that you should call Vokera back if its fails so soon after their repair.

They are solid boilers and very reliable although like all appliances they should be regularly serviced.

You have a local Vokera enthusiast at Rannoch Services and he always advises that they are better renovated and repaired.

Tony

Iandownie, what area of Glasgow?

Changing fan and what not is a common ploy with this boiler. While I am not for a second suggesting fan does not fail, but am suggesting part changing is a common practice.

At 15 years this boiler still has plenty of life. It will be cheaper to retain this boiler (in good working order) as opposed to fitting a modern boiler with plastic parts. In fact I have a repaired a few Turbos (in Govan) which are older than the Flowmatic and they are still providing excellent service. My details are as Tony mentions.

I am in Bearsden and carry most commonly required parts for this boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back