Vokera Flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have recently fitted a new diaphragm to the above boiler, since then the hot water has become hotter even though the thermostat is turned down and the water pressure is at max.

Whenever i now run a bath the boiler and pilot light shut down and need to be re-lit after 5 mins or so, seems fine with the CH

Any idea's

Cheers
Karl

Sponsored Links
Iv now been told to replace the DH stat, does this sound about right

Do you see that big white barrel shaped thing in the back right hand corner?

Have you bled it?

Sponsored Links
I have run the CH system, but i never bled the white barrel thing... is that an expansion vessle

How do you bleed them :?:

usually a brass nut on the top :idea: slightly crack it open till it starts dripping and tighten

Nice one ill try it tommorow, is it the expansion vessle ?

no its the secondary heat exchanger or calorifier as vokera call it

Thanks, ill let you know if it does the trick... at the mo DH is at 80deg and seems very hot, i dont know if this is about right

80 deg? are you sure...the gauge on the front does not show the temp of the water comming out of the tap.

80 deg would take your skin off

Have you made sure you have run the central heating to move air out of the heat exchanger
What does this have to do with HW demand?

80 degrees on the temperature scale would indeed suggest water is too hot especially with HW stat at minimum.

Can you see the flame modulating between high and low when HW stat is rotated back and forth slowly? Does this happen when boiler operating in CH mode?

No it only cuts out if im running a bath, I cant really see the flame fluctuating as i move the control to be honest

Replace the HW stat. I suspect you have two faults or safety stat has been bypassed

DP instead of trying to make it look like you are the only one who knows what he is doing, people are only making suggestions if we were in front of the appliance we would have a better chance of diagnosing it. We dont all work with vokera all the time.Keep your fly comments to your self or share them in macclefield.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back