vokers 20-80 rs flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help here PLEASE i have a vokera 20-80rs flowmatic combi boiler and until now has worked perfectly, the problem i have is this, when boiler comes on and rooms get to temp it shuts down as its meant to do but wont fire up again , the pilot light is on and you can here a fan or pump running but the burner has not lit up even turning hot water tap on does not fire it up but if i leave it off for 10 mins or so and it cools down switch it back on it works fine until rooms are at temp again and boiler shuts down any help would great . ps a new thermo coupling was put on a couple of years ago because of similar problem so i have tried putting a new one on again but no luck this time

Sponsored Links
This boiler hardly ever needs a new thermocouple. I carry proper Vokera thermocouple but it is seldom needed.

What your boiler needs is a service. A 20 minute looking at the boiler is not a service. Just after servicing a Flowmatic that was supposedly serviced 6 months ago. Fan was turning over but hardly generating any air movement. Venturi has bigger crust on it than did the roads and it has been baltic in Glasgow for several days now. The diverter was well solid, no wonder the poor girl was adding to the pile of dishes in the sink- cold water was super chilled. Flow manifold was well stuck in the retracted position- good chance the boiler could have gone on fire had the expansion vessel not had a bit of air in it..

Can travel and have done before. Been to Edinburgh, West Calder, Falkirk, Kilcregan to name a few places.

thanks for reply think service is in order before it gets worse wot sort of price should i be looking at for a good service :?:

Sponsored Links
It is not the price, it is what will be done to the boiler that can be taken as service.

Can assure you 20 to 30 minutes gets nowhere if the boiler has never seen a proper service (which is more often the case). If someone services a boiler without taking the covers off consider yourself ripped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back