Vokera Linea 24 Boiler fires up but no DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

My problem is I have no DHW it just runs stone cold even though the boiler fires up and stays lite, the central heating seems to work fine.

Just noticed that my My rads are getting hot when the DHW is demanded .

Does that point to the divert valve manifold or the motor ?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
If the boiler lights on DHW then the heat has to go somewhere!

Probably to the rads!

Sounds like a diverter valve issue!

Tony

Hi tony,
Thanks for the reply.

I put a service kit in at the backend of last year.

Also to add I have turned the knob on the front of the boiler to just DHW and turned the thermostat right down on the wall .

And the without turning on a tap the boiler has fired up and is still warming the rads

Remove diverter motor, turn tap on and push diverter spindle in....see if it still heats rads.

Did you clean the heating port where the bobbin seals onto when you changed them? most don't bother.

If water is stone cold my first guess is spindle is stuck.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

I did as you said and when I pushed the spindle in It got warm water (not hot)

So I checked the diverter motor and It didn't move when the taps were turned on.

I had an old motor in the garage ( wasn't sure if it's faulty) and this one moves,

Fitted it and I got warm water but rads heat up ... So I will check the bobbin seat today

I believe I did clean it when I fitted the kit last time.

I am going to fit a magnaclean to my system as I guess the DHW heat exchanger is clogged too.

I think I have a very dirty system,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back