Vokera Linea 24 Hot water problems.

The centre pin seems to be neutral, when the bottom pin then goes to 240v the motor pushes out when this feed goes away the top pin gets a 240v feed and the motor retracts. Only a lowly mechanical engineer not a sparky but sometimes the feed stays at the bottom and it works fine and you could run a full bath, then the next time the feed will alternate from top to bottom pin and the valve goes in and out giving cold then hot water.
Steve.

Sponsored Links
Not certain of top or bottom!

I think terminal to right of neutral is live to actuate motor, terminal to left is the live to board to tell it it is in DHW mode. Could be microswitch in actuator head that is faulty, not the plunger/pin :)

If its going in and out during a demand for hot water then you need a new motor.

Every one that i have had, that has done this was sorted with a new motor.

As your looking at it in situ, side mounted plug. when the bottom pin shows 240v the motor pushes in, when this fed goes away the top pin reads 240v and the motor retracts causing the water to be diverted to central heating, are you both saying this is not a feed to the top? theres never voltage on both at the same time so how can it be sending a signal?
Steve.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps because the microswitch is faulty. cannot be certain unless I am there with you :rolleyes: . Have you got M I's?

I've got the pdf's from there web site, installation & servicing guide and user instructions.

steve.

follow flow diagrams in fault finding section. Also try to follw wiring diagrams. This should let you know what wires are doing, supplying or calling etc.

There has got to be logically two different feeds to push out and retract the motor, as soon as you remove the plug the motor stays where it is either out or in, just removed again and fed from the mains, one side pushes out the other retracts, like I said. This then implies that the motor is not faulty and that whatever sends this voltage is at fault. You agree?
Just like to say thanks for your help.
Steve.

Oftem thes heads are sprung loaded to return to default setting when no current present. Unfortunateley I'm not an expert on Vokera and just trying to visualise with other makes i'm familiar with. Read the M I's thoroughlly first!

Thought that myself, but when the motor is out (HW) you cant shove the pin back obviously when the motor is retracted (CH) it can be shaken forward but just as easily pushed back therefore applying no forward pressure.
Steve.

This is obviously different to what I am used to. You need someone who knows Vokeras inside out I'm afraid unless you want to risk your money :cry:

emailpatch said:
Please read all previous posts.

In short, I've taken off the motor actuator and checked the mechanical valve by pushing it in manually, I then get hot water = valve ok, I've then turned my attention to the motor part and this retracts and pushes out depending on which side of the solenoid is fed, the problem seems to be the motor is getting conflicting signals (current feeds) to both sides while the boiler (hot tap) is turned on. The burners light as soon as you turn on the tap and sometimes the diverter valve pushes in to give hot water and other times it retracts sending the water down the rads but the rads are not switched on! thus going from hot water to cold intermittently. I need now someone to tell me why the boiler is sending voltage to both sides of the motorised diverter valve (one then the other)thus diverting the flow from HW to CH and giving me cold then hot water.
Hope this is clear

Steve.

Anyone else give me any ideas?
Tony where you gone.

I have been out mending boilers! What else?

I dont think that you have ever answered my earlier question about the motor pin fully. It should be in for DHW and out for CH.

Its irrelevent to you how it works but to avoid the confusion and for others I will explain!

Its a geared synchronous motor with two opposing cams. Its stopped in one of four positions by the action of two switches inside. Two pin in and two pin out alternately. Nothing inside is repairable!

There are three connections, the centre one neutral.

Placing the motor with the operating pin downwards, the left tag is made live to motor to the pin in position for DHW. When it has reached that position the supply is disconnected from the motor but the right tag is connected to the motor.

When CH is required the right hand tag is powered and it motors to the pin out position for CH at which point the right tag is disconnected and the left connected ready for when DHW is next required.

When CH is deselected the PCB returns the actuator to the DHW position so its ready for immediate DHW supply. So the PCB rests it in the DHW position!

Thats about it really!

Tony

Steve: I have just read your last posting which implies that the diverter valve operates the opposite way. My description was based on all the other boilers and I would be surprised if the Linea really operates differently. I would expect with the motor head off its in DHW mode ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back