Vokera Linea 24 Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure on my boiler has fallen below 1. I have tried to increase the pressure by moving the filling/inlet valve to the correct position, but this has had no effect. I know that water is moving through the filling loop as if you disconnect this water flows out of the system.

Does anyone have ideas as to why the pressure is not increasing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The non return valve on the end of the filling link is stuck. A common problem I have found. Easy to replace.

Is it possible to take off the return valve, clean it and replace or is a new one required? How do you go about fitting a new one?

You can usually clean it.

From what I can recall its usually only the inlet tube thats blocked and than can be unblocked after removing the flexible with a suitable tool.

Of course yours could be more serioualy blocked!

You fit a new one in the reverse order of removing the old one.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I know that water is moving through the filling loop as if you disconnect this water flows out of the system.
Are you sure that you have opened the filling loop correctly, they usually have a valve at both ends of the flexible pipe, both of these need to be open for water to flow and if they are you should be able to hear it filling. Which bit are you disconnecting?

Sometimes I've found that shutting and opening the ch isolating valve can cure this, but may also cause a drip from said valve.

I've always replaced the non return valve as yet to find one that could be cleaned.

Sooee you should have thought before speaking! ( Writing )

The Linea has a built in filling loop and a black three position valve on the water inlet. The down position diverts the flow to the inbuilt filling loop.

The non return valve is required by the water regulations to stop rusty boiler water getting into your cold water tap and then into your cup of tea!

You must NOT even think of removing it unless you want dirt in your tea and to risk prosecution!

Tony

When I asked if there is a simple way to remove it I was refering to is there a simple way to take it out so that I can first try to clean it and if this does not work replace it!

Yes it unscrews from the ch isolating valve. You would need to isolate boiler from system and possibly drain it before removal.

I've come across loads and like gas4you have never been able to repair one, and also like gas4you i have cured a couple by turning off the ch isolating valve and then back on.

Also note that there are 2 types of non return valve on that boiler, you will need the boiler serial No to identify the correct one.

One has a male thread and the other a female thread,

Why do they do that :evil:

scatmanjohn said:
Also note that there are 2 types of non return valve on that boiler, you will need the boiler serial No to identify the correct one.

Nice one Scat. I forgot that :oops: Mind you the last one I done I took both to site and I can't remember the difference, but I know that it was something trivial and cosmetic and not to do with the thread or operating function.

Wish I had a memory :rolleyes:

scatmanjohn said:
I've come across loads and like gas4you have never been able to repair one, and also like gas4you i have cured a couple by turning off the ch isolating valve and then back on.

The last one I went to I cleared it after just taking off the flexible and poking the exposed hole!

But the gas supply pipe had been cut by a hammer and bolster and had been repaired with "brown parcel tape! !!!

I was not in hurry to go back there. Also the £235 I had quoted for sorting it out was too much for the Greek accountant.

Tony

You want to be careful about poking exposed holes Tony, especially when you've took your flexible off. ;) You don't work round soho do you?

I once did a boiler repair for a "Madam" in Mayfair.

The first maid was very nice and friendly but the second was very cold at first but warmed up when I got her old boiler going. I suspect she was the Mother of the 23 y.o. Madam who really was a hard case.

I had to replace her diaphragm!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back