Vokera Linea 24... Radiators getting hot when DHW is in use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have had this Problem for a while now My Radiators getting hot when DHW is demanded and the DHW runs luke warm , i guess thats because its heating the radiators so not heating the DHW properly.

I recently replaced my pressure switch due to it having a bit of a drip, and in the vokera service kit was all the bits to overall the diverter pin and diaphrams . so i thought i will do them all together.

When i removed the motorised switch from the diverter block i noticed that the pin that operates the diverter was siezed solid. so i stripped it down and replaced all the bit and rebuilt it all seemed fine.

But it wasn't as the radiators are still heating up when DHW is in use.

what else could it be the motorized switch seems to operate ok.

Any help would be appriciated

could i have built the diverter block up wrong .. seemed simple enough to do.

motherboard was replaced 2 years ago

Sponsored Links
It would usually be a faulty diverter valve. I dont know if you did it correctly.

But there is a non return valve on the output of the primary of the plate HE.

If this is jammed then the resulting increased back pressure can encourage the diverter valve to leak.

Tony

But there is a non return valve on the output of the primary of the plate HE.

OK, that is education

Nope.

The NRV is on the inlet side of the DHW H/E. If it jams completely shut it will force the bypass open. Find it pretty unlikely the diverter will get forced open if the seal on the bobbin is good and the brass seat has been cleaned properly. If the diverter pin and front seal are in poor condition it will stick of course.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,
Thanks for the replys,
i am gonna strip it all down again and clean it all.
gonna clean the DHW H/E and check all valves ... i have had loads of problems with the system being full of magnatite.

will get back when i have done the clean out

Thanks guys

when calling for c/h is the dhw h/e getting hot. the valve itself might not be moving over correctly

when calling for c/h is the dhw h/e getting hot. the valve itself might not be moving over correctly

Issue is rads heating up when HW is demanded, not what is suggested above. Anyhow, HWHE will heat up during CH demand, not enough to supply HW but heat up it will just like flow pipe will heat up under the boiler during HW demand

Issue is rads heating up when HW is demanded, not what is suggested above. Anyhow, HWHE will heat up during CH demand, not enough to supply HW but heat up it will just like flow pipe will heat up under the boiler during HW demand

the hwhe during c/h operation heating up suggests that the diverter valve is not moving over fully and needs replacing. its letting by not allowing enough hot water through to heat the dhw while there is a demand

Hi All

Off to get a new diverter valve kit to overhaul it again and double check it all again .

Thanks guys .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back