Vokera Linea 24 Won't shut off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps, can any vokera boffin please help me with this. When i got to this house to do a landlord cert the boiler was turned off. When i turned it to hot water only the burner came on but stayed on, i believe these have a pre-heat so i wasn't too concerned. I then put it on HW & CH but with 24hr time clock off (no room stat in house) but the burner still stayed on low gas constantly. I also noticed that when i turned it to off/reset the display turned off but the burner still stayed on regardless. Would only shut itself off when turned off by the fuse spur.

Many thanks in advance for you help.

Ryan

Sponsored Links
are the flow and return pipes heating up?

is the hot out from the boiler?

any external controls overiding internal clock?

u can remove the internal link TA/TA on the board. that will rule out possible internal clock. also is the actuator goin back to dhw u can remove the actuator head n see that

Flow pipe was getting luke warm only as was the hot water. Took actuator head off and was evidence of jet black dirt inside where the pin is. I could hear the head operating when turning the boiler on and off at fuse spur.

I did notice that when i turned boiler off altogether and removed the head, the boiler operated normally for about 10 - 15 secs but then quickly went back to how i found it. Landlord said it has been doing this for some time.

Sponsored Links
Linea will continue to operate when selector is in OFF position.

This boiler has preheat facility. Boiler when powered will start to heat water. Once this is done (note digi display which shows HW temperature), it will go to standby mode.

Looks like boiler has not been service for a while. Get this done (as per the manual), hopefully the fault will clear.

This demonstrates the need for the boiler operation to be checked first when doing an LSC.

A local company was known to just write out certificates withoug doing any tests.

A canny landlord called them to do an LSC. He then told them that after their visit the boiler was not working. They had to fix it free of charge!

Tony

(This demonstrates the need for the boiler operation to be checked first when doing an LSC. )

I couldn't agree with you more Argy and thats exactly what i did. It was only when i called the Landlord that he informed me there was a problem. Nice hey!!

Thanks DP for your help. I'll give it a once over and as you say hopefully it will cure the problem.

Kind regards

Ryan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back