Vokera Linea 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help me with my heating system. We had it fitted about a year and a half ago and over that time the system has been building up in pressure until it finally exhausts itself out of the house. I then refill using the loop and it always start up again.

a year ago this happened once a week now its everyday and driving me nuts, vokera wants stupid money just to come out, is it something i can replace myself? thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick response m8, ok thats sounds bad!!! i put my hand to most things round the house, if i got hold of one is it a job that mr D.I.Y. could do or is it a job for superman?

no probs yerr need a new ev and fit it to the pipework

NO block it must be open to system pressure

as for DIY if you think yerr can do it

fill yer boots ;)

Sponsored Links
the only bit i dint get was you said 'No block', what did you mean by that? perhaps if i cant understand you i shouldn't think about filling my boots eh??
what would a reasonable plumber charge to fit the tank, and would the pressure valve need replacing too.

cheers

He just mjeans don't put any kind of valve on it that could isolate it.

To make the vessel last longer put it on the return pipe.

If you are not too good a t'ing into pipework you may prefer to pay the extra and fit manufacturers part.

Most boilers require removal of flue elbow to withdraw expansion vessel.

Clean out the small pipe which joins it to the system as this gets blocked causing same problems as broken vessel causes.

Temporarily if you isolate a radiator then empty it, re-open the valves but don't bleed this rad. Repressurise system and you have a new expansion vessel for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back