Vokera Linea 28 fault with hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, searched and couldnt find anything similar to this fault -

Heating works fine
When demand for hot water boiler fires ok to full gas rate (10mb) then drops after about 3 secs to low rate and stays there, doesnt cut out ever, water runs at a constant 42 degs. Never gets any hotter and boiler never returns to high rate.

Flow rate is set to roughly 10 ltr/ min
WP is 21 mbars

Parts changed :

Primary thermistor
Domestic thermistor

Flushed domestic heat exchanger - re-fitted then then tried again - no diff
Replaced Domestic heat exch - no diff

Has annybody had this fault??

Also to note, before i exch thermistors i plugged a new one in dry and left existing one in for the domestic and boiler ran on full rate and water got red hot !!

I then replaced domestic therm and it returned to jut low rate??

When i ran it with primary thermisitor dry it didnt make any difference, boiler still ran on low rate for h/water.

Any Ideas would be great, cheers.

Sponsored Links
What work/ repairs if any, carried out previously?

eh up DP, cheers for reply mate.

Only what i did (i'm gas safe reg), diverter valve service kit fitted about a year ago.

i thought it was typical linea dom ht exh blocked, but it wasnt cutting out, but i removed and flushed anyway, did get some debri out but only usual amount.

I borrowed new one and exh but still same !

Sponsored Links
been informed its the non return valve in the right hand manifold of the domestic heat exch - bloecked or broken, part number - 2908 in vokera manual

It would help if you only started one thread and made it clear at the outset that yo are an RGI.

Trade questions are best asked in the CC.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back