Vokera Linea cutting out on H/W

changed Thermistor and still the boiler locks out once hot water ha been running for a while

is it still 07?

water that has been seeping from the AAV, does this mean the AAV is duff?

yes. check it when its cold and at 1 bar..most likely to leak when its cold.

Sponsored Links
Change the dhw heat exchanger. Pretty common on these especially in hard water areas. Easy job to do ;)

Thanks Guys, he's now telling me he is losing pressure every hour or so and the water is coming out PRV pipe outside, does this mean PRV is shot?

Could be the system side of dhw exchanger blocked causing it to overheat/pressurise and prv doing its job. Still think dhw ex needs changing

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dave, i will let him know,looking at the manual, it doesn't seem a hard job to do.

Its an easy job. Only a couple of screws holding it on. New heat ex comes with new 'o' rings as well. Around £90 trade for heat ex.

Abbo, I thought you said the boiler belonged to a friend. Subsequent posts seem to suggest it is your boiler.

Hi DP, you've lost me regarding subsequent posts referring to the boiler as mine? Its definitely a friends boiler.

you have air in the system, thats what the noise is, the sream make the boiler cut out,

1. Change the AAV, no other option and they aren't expensive.

2. Check that the DHW circulating pump is working properly, you may hae to replace this as well if the fault has been going on a while. its possibly the reason why you get limited HW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back