Vokera Linea cutting out on H/W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a Vokera Linea, When he puts hot water tap on, gets some hot water for a few seconds then runs cold. The temp window on front of boiler starts fluctuating different temp settings then goes to a flashing 07. After a time it comes back on but if you use the hot water it does the same thing again. He tells me he has had to turn the reset button on the odd occaision. He has noticed a bubbling sound in the rads now and again and also a slight loss of pressure which he says he has to top up every few weeks. The Floor is yours guys, tell me your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
How can i check and be definate that it is the thermister

Sponsored Links
yes and the instructions tell you to drain via the prv

DON'T :eek:

could also be a part blocked domestic heat exchanger

i'm sure there will be sombody posting shortly with

the system needs powerflushing blah blah blah :rolleyes:

Cheers Kev, I take it there is another way to drain down the boiler? Are you fairly confident that it is the thermistor?

Nice one mate, i will give it a go 2morrow & let you know how i get on. Cheers.

Hi Kev, (if your still there), I notice that there is an NTC on the Heat Exchanger as well as the Domestic water Heat Exchanger. They have the same part number. Could i perhaps change the connecting blocks from one to the other to see if the water would fire up permanently or would that not work?

Any ideas as to the bubbling sound in the rads and the slight loss of pressure?

I notice that there is an NTC on the Heat Exchanger as well as the Domestic water Heat Exchanger. They have the same part number. Could i perhaps change the connecting blocks from one to the other to see if the water would fire up permanently or would that not work?

give it a go :idea:

Abbo said:
Hi Kev, (if your still there), I notice that there is an NTC on the Heat Exchanger as well as the Domestic water Heat Exchanger. They have the same part number. Could i perhaps change the connecting blocks from one to the other to see if the water would fire up permanently or would that not work?

they dont reach

I should have realised by changing the leads that they wouldn't reach, oh well it would have been worth a try.

Hi guys, changed Thermistor and still the boiler locks out once hot water ha been running for a while, any ideas? Also i noticed that there is evidence of water that has been seeping from the AAV, does this mean the AAV is duff?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back