vokera linea he leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

I am getting an intermittant leak around the pressure sensor from the back of it (i think, i attached pictures). The leak started during recent cold weather. It leaks during the night when no heating is on, but not generally when the heating is on. I also got it to start by setting the water pressure quite high when cold (> 2 bar) (but not to operate the safety valve.
I am presuming that there is a diaphram to operate it (i can't see clearly on the manual how this all works) and this is leaking. How easy is this to change/fix. I can see some springy pins that holds the sensor and a pin on the manifold behind. If i take these out will it come apart easily ?

Attachments

• 20180104_135333.jpg
    20180104_135333.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 20180104_135622.jpg
    20180104_135622.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 313
Sponsored Links
Difficult to see from the photographs. Always look above the stain as there appears to be a mark on the front housing. If it is the pressure transducer it's an easy swap after draining the water from the boiler. Drain off to the left of the sensor.

it looks like it is leaking around the joint between the sensor and the non-return manifold.
I assume this is an O ring that has failed.

So to replace this I do the following ?
1) remove split pin
2) pull the sensor out
3) replace the o ring
4) push the sensor back in
5) replace split pin

I was thinking of replacing the manifold seal as well. There is a pin that looks like a big staple.
Do I pull this out and the manifold will come away ?

Are there any gotchas or tricks involved here ?

If you don't need to undo anything don't. if you're replacing something with an O ring make sure contacts points are clean.

Please tell me you'll drain the boiler first :) after isolating the boiler from the electric supply.

I personally drain from the heating circuit in case the isolating valves beneath the boiler drip when turned off but that's up to you. When you think the boiler is empty take the small pin from the diverter valve off and remove the actuator then press the pin behind it in and hold it a few times, that helps drain additional water from the boiler.

I also would personally recommend getting an engineer to do it but if you're OK with it all - good luck.

Sponsored Links
>> Please tell me you'll drain the boiler first :) after isolating the boiler from the electric supply.

Ha,Ha, I'm not that clueless !!

cheers

Just a follow up. I tried to locate the o ring part on the sensor - apparently not listed. I was not going to buy a new sensor (£18) for the sake of an o ring. So decided to take pot luck using an assorted O ring selection box.

1) isolated supply, drained boiler.
2) Pulled out the split pin.
3) pulled out the sensor.
4) removed electronics connector.
The attached pictures show the state of the o ring. It was not broken but flattened and perished looking.
Found a replacement O ring 8mm x 2mm. The new and old are shown
5) replaced new o ring on sensor, cleaning up gunk.
6) cleaned up the boiler end.
7) quick spray of silicone
8) Pushed the part back in with a satisfactory thud as it located. It initially feels loose and a good amount of pressure is required to push it home and allow the split pin to be inserted.
9) Replaced the split pin. Only one side of the clip holds the component in place the other side holds the clip in place.
10) attached electrical connector, filled up and started boiler up.
11) no leak so far touch wood.

It looks like the use of split pins to hold components in place is used at other locations so I am a bit more confident in fixing future leaks. E.g. the safety pressure release valve.
20180113_111958.jpg
20180113_112400.jpg
20180113_112452.jpg
20180113_112823.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back