Vokera Maxin 28e High Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a new home about 3 months ago and our boiler (Vokera Maxin 28e) has start leaking from the rear bottom left which appears to be a safety valve due to the pressure increasing to 3 bar.

The pressure slowly reduces when the system is turned off, but doesn't take long to get to 3 again when switched on again.

Some old posts have helped me locate the pressure relief valve and I've turned this which reduces the pressure immediately whilst turned. However, the pressure soon returns to the previous level when I let go. granted I've only turned this valve for seconds at a time - how long do you need to turn it before it should have the necessary effect on a system with 10 rads?

Does the red part with what looks like a tyre valve at the top rear of the boiler have an impact on the pressure? If so, do I need to do anything with it? (Let the "air" out?!)

Also, is it safe to use the boiler for heating until it is fixed?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks, Gav

Sponsored Links
Filling loop to system 'letting by'

See posts on expansion vessel faults.

Repair these and boiler will be fine

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm pretty new to some of the terminology used. Not sure what a filling loop is.

Do I need to repressurise the expansion vessel? If so what pressure should I pump it to?

Thanks, Gav

Sponsored Links
David, I think I've sussed it with you help.

The filling loop just appeared to be open - which I presume continuously lets new water (more pressure) into the system.

I've closed the filling loop valve and released the pressure using the red twist knob and all seems well.

You may just have made my weekend!

Thank you!

Gavin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back