Vokera Mynute 20e - No Pressure, No Fill Loop

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
How are ye,

I'm house-sitting for my grandmother in Ireland while she's in care so that I can cocoon, as they say here, from Covid19 and I'm having trouble with the heating in the house. I've only ever lived in apartments so this whole setup in the house is totally new to me.

The house is fitted with a Vokera Mynute 20e, last serviced last December. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the thing going. Pressure is at 0... There's just nothing happening with it at all. I'm assuming it's on because all the electrics in the house are good but can't trace the power source, it's somewhere under the floor I think. The unit isn't doing anything at all, I don't know if it's just unresponsive because the water pressure is at 0?

Here's what I see beneath the boiler:

DSC_0251.JPG

I've looked all over the house for the filling loop to create an increase in pressure but cannot find it. Should a filling loop be attached to those two brass fittings (one of which is dripping water at the moment) to the left of the yellow valve in this picture? Should that pipe at floor level just next to the wet patch of wood from the drip be connected to something?

The house has been empty since January. I'll probably need to bleed the radiators but I just want to see if it's possible to get any responsivity from the boiler before I do so. I'm slow to get any professional to come into the property given my health concerns and currently sky high Covid numbers in this area, so hoping to sort it myself. Might not be doable though with my chronically novice level understanding.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Have a look around the hot water cylinder. The disconnected pipe is a bit of an issue. Can't see the nut that should be below the olive ,and can't see enough of the pipework to determine what that pipe is,or why it's been disconnected.

DSC_0256.JPG

No joy with the cylinder, there isn't a filling loop anywhere around that either that I can see.

Here's a closer look at the disconnected pipe:

DSC_0255.JPG

I'm assuming the pipe coming in through the wall there is the gas feed, as it runs up to the yellow valve and into the boiler, as can be seen in the pic below:

DSC_0254.JPG

There is also another random pipe to nowhere on the right side there. Short little thing. I'm stumped. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• DSC_0254.JPG
    DSC_0254.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC_0252.JPG
    DSC_0252.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0255.JPG
    DSC_0255.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 367
you have an F&E tank it is an open vented system, you dont have a filling loop, post a pic of the boiler control panel, forgrt the guage it doesnt mean anything with the system you have

Sponsored Links
Also pop into the roofspace and make sure the ballvalve is free to move on any storage cisterns (I know in some parts of Ireland the central heating is filled from the domestic cold water cistern. In this case there will/should be a gate valve to the heating pipework that needs to be opened. P.S. not the one in front of the cylinder)

I can't see any other pipes in the hot press, if there are none you may have a direct cylinder.

Thanks so much lads.

Here's the control panel, nothing much going on:
DSC_0263.JPG DSC_0264.JPG

And the other pipes above the cylinder, there is another valve there, black as opposed to the red in front if that means anything.

DSC_0261.JPG DSC_0262.JPG

I was up in the attic last night, the little water tank was feckin filthy but seemed to work away grand. Level was a bit low so I pushed the ballvalve until it ran up to the overflow opening and then let it settle. Seemed fine.

DSC_0231.JPG

I've had it sitting at max 30° since I got here, I just turned it to 20° so the branding was straight in the picture in case it made any difference... And also OCD

The white cable from underneath the boiler, can you follow that to see where it goes ? there should be a fused spur on that line somewhere that is possibly switched off

The white cable from underneath the boiler, can you follow that to see where it goes ? there should be a fused spur on that line somewhere that is possibly switched off

The only fused spur on the property is for the cooker, I've looked everywhere for another but no joy.

I took the floor under the boiler up:

DSC_0267.JPG

The white cable visible in the left there runs along under the house and up into a wall in the kitchen, and comes out as this plug:

DSC_0270.JPG

I've changed the fuses in the plug and no difference.

Sorry cant think of anything else, that you can do yourself, the boiler needs a min of 0.5 Bar to work, but if that was your problem I would expect the led warning light on the facia to be illuminated, looks like the boiler is not getting power , is it making any kind of noise like the pump running or anything ?

Sorry cant think of anything else, that you can do yourself, the boiler needs a min of 0.5 Bar to work, but if that was your problem I would expect the led warning light on the facia to be illuminated, looks like the boiler is not getting power , is it making any kind of noise like the pump running or anything ?

Absolutely nothing at all, it's just sitting there idle. No noise, nothing out of it. I'm at total loss really. Thanks a mill for the help anyway!

According to Sec 3.6.7 of the manual, if yours is a low-pressure sealed system there should be a stop-cock between the F&E cistern and the boiler. Is that open? I would expect the pressure guage to show something greater than zero.
As Ian says, it looks like the boiler isn't getting power if the LED isn't illuminated.

Edit: You've changed the plug fuse, but do you have a test meter to check if the new fuse is actually good? Can any other appliance be made to work from that particular socket?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back