Vokera Mynute 30 HE advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice with our CH & HW system if possible. We moved in May this year and I believe the previous owner installed the system at some point after 2007 when they took ownership so not that old really. The system has a Vokera Mynute 30 HE as stated in the subject, a Sunvic 207 xls controller unit on the wall and a large pressurized tank to feed all radiators (13 in total over 3 floors) and showers (4 in total) and 1 bath.

Previous owner had vacated the house for the year prior to our taking ownership but had kept the system on a schedule so running both CH & HW daily.

Past 7 months we have gotten quite used to the setup and have had no issues although in the back of my mind I have known I would need to ensure I got a service to check its health and get myself into the routine of seeing this is carried out at least annually.

Background done and dusted I'll shut up and get to the point! We have CH AND HW. Timer seems to be controlling system to programmed schedule and kicking in and cutting off as it should!!!

Green light shows on boiler, no fault codes, pressure looks normal and the only thing that seems untoward is that out of the blue on Saturday I walked past the utility room to hear what I can only describe as 2 clicks, an attempt to ramp up some sort of drive rota or fan or belt, then a third click.... and a repeating of that cycle on a loop!

The system was not due to come on automatically at that time and in order to break the cycle I simply pressed the 'on' button on our sunvic, changing from auto to on and the system came on and was happy.

Thought nothing of it except that I better get that service.... same thing happened again last night as I was dozing off. I done the same to rectify it only, I switched it back to auto and it went quite, went to sleep only to wake up at 5 this morning with the same thing happening again.

It's not loud in any way, I'm just a light sleeper.

I got up and put it on to sit and have a read at what could be wrong and joined this forum.

Any help and advice is gratefully received.

Please excuse any rambling and spelling errors, I'm still shattered!

Sponsored Links
boiler has a frost stat independent of the time control. That will start the pump and also the burner if it's internal sensors fall too low, 6 and 4 degrees respectively.

If turning the timer on cured it and the boiler started OK then it might be temperature or control but not boiler ignition.

If ignition (you will hear clicks) fails then a fault code will appear on the display after 5 failed attempts.

If the boiler is sited close to the control valves then you might be hearing clicks from them not the boiler.

Thanks for the info on the frost stat control. This would make perfect sense as this weekend has seen the first frost since we moved in hence would be the first time we would have noticed this happening.

No fault codes, no red LED and turning it on certainly seemed to resume normal operation.

There has been no repeat of the noise today but the system is set to keep the house and water hot pretty much all day so I'd imagine I wont see/hear a occurrence until a couple of hours after it goes off for the last time tonight at 11.

I'm not sure what or where the control valves are I'm afraid so can't comment on the last point.

Thanks again for the reply and information.

All the best.

Sponsored Links
Just for completeness and to let the admins close this off if needs be.

Or if anyone else comes across the same symptoms.

I heard it start again, and after having read the manual it stated to allow it to do what ever it was doing for at least 5 attempts, then it would output an error code so instead of interjecting, I left it to fail until I seen the LED display show '41'....

A pressure issue apparently.

Maybe to do with the recent rewire and time spent powered down.

I watched the youtube video on re-fill / re-pressurizing using the fill loop and after contacting the previous owner discovered he had it permanently installed and terminated on a small back valve just under the boiler behind a unit.

Turned the tap on to allow the pressure back up to 1.5 bar and robert is your fathers brother :)

Thanks again for the pointers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back