Vokera Red Light

In that case they get the info from the next guy. If you don't say what's wrong and it isn't fixed when you do it - how do you get on then?

Sponsored Links
In that case they get the info from the next guy. If you don't say what's wrong and it isn't fixed when you do it - how do you get on then?

Contrary to you, I am trained, qualified, experienced, and pretty good at what I do.

It is because of this that I guarantee the work I do to solve the problem.
If it does not, I do not charge for my work.
That is why I don't need to explain what is wrong; when it works when I am done, people are happy that the problem is gone and usually don't really care what it was.

It is only the cheapskates like you that try to get people to work for free who want to know anything and everything so they "can think about it."
What they mean is:

"I want you to apply your skills and use your tools and waste your diesel to come and tell me which part needs changing. I will then first try to do it myself and when it becomes clear I'm too dumb to do it, I'll call loads of people and get the cheapest mug to just change the part."

And here is the bad news for clowns like you Joe:
Virtually all the good pro's know this, and also know how to recognise con artists like you. I even wrote a manual/guidelines on what to look out for when people like you call us.
That manual is obviously not on the open forum either.

Paying a lackey to do what I can do myself for a tenth of the price doesn't sound like common sense to me. You really need to chill out my small sacked friend :0)

its very nice of you to come on here and suck technical knowledge from us highly trained, highly skilled lackeys, we appreciate the opportunity to help someone such as yourself,
PS i would suggest you get a skilled lackey in to service your boiler, then he/she could effect repairs as required,

Hi Guys.

Vokera compact 24
8 years old.

This boiler was here when we moved in. It's been pretty unreliable since.
CH has been OK but HW has to be run at a trickle in the winter or it runs cold. Also it runs hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold.

Recently the red light has started coming on and when I reset the boiler it will run for an hour or so then cut out. It seems to cut out quicker if I turn the temp down.

I am going to replace the items which, according to this forum, seem to cause the most problems and are the easiest to replace ( I am not trained, just proficient).

I have two questions:

1. Is the o/c DHW sensor the same as the DHW actuator? Or is it accessed from the back of the control panel?

2. Is it worth replacing these components
and in which order should I replace them
i.e. which is the most likely culprit: DHW Actuator
NTC Sensor
NTC Senspr
Primary Thermistor
Secondary Thermistor

NB. I suspect that NTC Senspr is a misprint in the manual and that primary and secondary thermistor are the same as NTC Sensor?

If there are any other components you think are within my scope to replace and are worth considering please let me know.

do us all a wee favour and let us know how much it cost you to fix your boiler, as it helps us to know our help and assistance is greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links

Contrary to you, I am trained, qualified, experienced, and pretty good at what I do.

It is because of this that I guarantee the work I do to solve the problem.
If it does not, I do not charge for my work.
That is why I don't need to explain what is wrong; when it works when I am done, people are happy that the problem is gone and usually don't really care what it was.

It is only the cheapskates like you that try to get people to work for free who want to know anything and everything so they "can think about it."
What they mean is:

"I want you to apply your skills and use your tools and waste your diesel to come and tell me which part needs changing. I will then first try to do it myself and when it becomes clear I'm too dumb to do it, I'll call loads of people and get the cheapest mug to just change the part."

And here is the bad news for clowns like you Joe:
Virtually all the good pro's know this, and also know how to recognise con artists like you. I even wrote a manual/guidelines on what to look out for when people like you call us.
That manual is obviously not on the open forum either.

I was only on a wind-up. I've never called out anyone to get info off them - ever.

To Jacobball

The lackey comment was for your unhelpful friend not you. I am a fine furniture maker to trade and do not think for a minute that fellow tradesmen are lackeys. I just don't have time for people who get in touch to tell me they don't want to help, know what I mean. If you don't want to help then don't reply.

To Wee Sacs

By the way. One of your "skilled" gas fitters put a 1 bar safety valve on my boiler instead of a 3 bar.

You'll be glad to know that I changed the thermisters and the safety valve for the princely sum of £40. It took 1 day to research and 2 hours to fit and all is working perfectly.

Now that's common sense Wee Sacs.

By the way. One of your "skilled" gas fitters put a 1 bar safety valve on my boiler instead of a 3 bar.

Utter pi55. You must be dreaming or need to go to Spec Savers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back