Vokera & Sabre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that SABRE condensing combi's are badged Vokera boilers.Does anyone have a list of Vokera / Sabre equivalants that they can post or email me ?

regards
N18RKS

Sponsored Links
I agree that the boilers sold as "Sabre" are rebadged Vokera models.

I dont have any list and I donk know exactly what you are trying to find out.

Generally the manufacturers are, shall we say, reticent about even admitting anything about their rebadged models.

Indeed the UK Vokera company may genuinely not know anything about the rebadged products. Usually however the game is given away when you see who is providing the warranty repair service!

Tony

Many thanks for your reply.
My question stems from a quote i got recently to replace my gravity boiler,i was not familiar with the name Sabre so i thought i would do some digging as i thought that they may be a 2nd rater or an "Amstrad" , a cheapo imitation of a better one if you like - im sure you know what i mean ! . especially as i found out out that they are badged.

Anyway,reason for my "digging" was to get some idea of how good a boiler they were and whether or not i should pay a bit extra for a more popular/reliable make.I am not aware of which model they were proposing.If it helps i have a four bed semi,double glazed with loft insulation.Have 10 radiators ( 1 in conservatory) Total floor space 13M x 6M downstairs and 10M x 6 M upstairs.

If anyone could suggest a decent reliable combi condensing boiler for my home i would be grateful - it gives me a good start to open conversations with my plumber for a requote.
regards

N18RKS

The outside dimensions don't match any Vokera sold in the UK.

However I recently fitted a customer's own 25kw version. I can report that under the cover it is like a Syntesi 25e. All the same Vokera parts down to the Grundfos pump. The data badge says Vokera and the MI's say Vokera.

For my money, as a budget boiler don't hesitate to go with it.

If you want to spend more you would have to spend a lot more to do better.

I am a little baffled by the dimensions not matching Syntesi dimensions, I didn't have a Syntesi in stock when I fitted the Sabre for a customer or I would have put the two side by side.

The only other difference is only 1 year guarantee with the Sabre.

On the whole I am very happy with Vokera as a company past and present products. My favourite boiler is Buderus I think everyone knows by now.

Sponsored Links
Are they the ones "MrCentralHeating" (sp??) sells in a cheap package deal? SHould be a website...

My advice is to pay just that little extra more to get one badged as Vokera otherwise you will be always up against the "never heard of that" !

You house size is irrelevant if its a combi you have decided upon. You must compare boiler power output and I would say a minimum of 28 kW.

All I can say is that you must be certain that a combi will suit you ( it only feeds one tap at a time ) and that the mains water supply flow into the property has been measured.

I do have to say that so far it sounds as if you have had a budget quote by someone who knows little about specifying boilers! Have you even seen his CORGI photocard???

Tony

Paul Barker said:
The outside dimensions don't match any Vokera sold in the UK.

I am a little baffled by the dimensions not matching Syntesi dimensions, I didn't have a Syntesi in stock when I fitted the Sabre for a customer or I would have put the two side by side.
Paul Barker said:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply - could you clarify what you mean by youyr 2 quotes (above) I do not have the dimensions of the Sabre (or any spec come to that).Do you refer to my house dimensions ?

Regartds
N18RKS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back