Sabre vs Vokera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently obtained a quote to have a Vokera Unica combi installed. I accepted the quote and had the work done whilst I was at work. When I got home the boiler turned out to be a Sabre 28 HE. After some investigation the Sabre and the Vokera seem similar (if not identical). Whilst it is clearly not right that the boiler I asked for has not been installed, would I be cutting off my nose to spite my face having the installer change the boiler? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I expect that the Sabre branded boiler may be a little cheaper!

As far as I know its exactly the same boiler but if not then others here may advise.

In my view this is "sharp practice" and should not be tolerated!

What you should do about it is debatable. At the very least you should pay less that you were quoted by any price difference. Perhaps someone here can quote exact supply prices to compare.

In the extreme case of an Ideal C28HE then the Biasi its rebadged from is over £100 cheaper and includes the timeclock.

Tony

He might find only having a one year guarantee particularly interesting !!!

That alone might be a reason for getting the correct model quoted for fitted!

I do hope he had a written quote !!!

Getting worse by the minute! Next he will be saying he has already paid the full price in cash and only has a first name and mobile number!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony,

I have paid in full, but I have all the fitters info (including his corgi number). Do Vokeras come with a 2yr guarantee?

It seems most Vokeras do have a two year guarantee.

CORGI will not be involved as its a contractual matter and not related to gas safety.

However, was this fellow genuinely CORGi registered in his own name or that of HIS firm, i.e. not working "on the side" and illegally relying on his employer's CORGI number?

The reat test is has he filled in the Benchmark Certificate AND notified CORGI of your installation after which they write to you confirming its been fitted in accordance with the regulations?

Tony

Understood regarding Corgi involvement. Everything else is by the book. Benchmark filled in and corgi notified. It seems I have been conned a little. Thanks for your comments.

I'm not up to speed on the Unica but I imagine an installer on Vokera loyalty scheme would get 2yr gte maybe more.

Sabrevesion of this Vokera I haven't seen, but very likely to be of same quality, just different badge and backup.

Are you sure of the wording used, he might have called it a rebadged Vokera.

I'm sure the actual boiler you have there is a good one.

Paul Barker said:
I'm sure the actual boiler you have there is a good one.
I agree with Paul regarding the boiler and I have installed a few of them for people on a budget or a tight wallet :)
Thing is back to your original question the price from my knowledge is at least 2-300 quid different
Anybody here could get the Sabre for less than 500 notes but I have never managed to get a vokera for less than 7 or 800.

Stan

Really, well in that case there is obviously little in it if you shop at the right place.
Sorry if I gave anyone a heart attack :D

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back