Vokera Wireless thermostat wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera vision 30 C boiler trying to wiring programmable wireless thermostat.
Not experienced at this, can someone tell me where I should wire in please? See picture
Thanks

Attachments

• D45833C9-0C38-44E5-9270-B8510EC57FD9.jpeg
    D45833C9-0C38-44E5-9270-B8510EC57FD9.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 3,326
Sponsored Links
which wireless thermostat are you trying to wire in, VERY important this boiler is only suitable for voltage free switching thermostats, 240v switching can be achieved but requires an additional part

Hi. It’s a Vokera RF programmable thermostat. Receiver has four wires. Brown blue black black.

OK your Brown and blue connect to Live and Neutral and the two blacks get connected to the link on the left hand side of your pic, two blue wires with a black link, remove the link and put a black in to each terminal, do not make any links anywhere else

Sponsored Links
Ok I understand where black wires go on white link. Could you say exactly please where brown and blue connect?
Cheers

The thing is you'll have a timer on the Vision and another timer on the room thermostat. When you have the room thermostat connected as Ian describes (brown and blue to the terminal block top right of your picture blacks in place of link) set the programmer on the boiler to manual heating (24 hours) so the timer on the room stat will be the one the heating system operates on.

Out of interest, where is the boiler located and where are you located in the UK?

These videos may help with the programming

Both are for the first generation room stat, the one you'll have will probably be slightly different but not by much, I just haven't had time to update them.

Hi. Sorry to be dumb but could you explain in layman’s terms where exactly the live and neutral go. See picture if you could explain which ones I wiring in to. Do I have to take any wires out?
Yes aware boiler has to be on manual so room thermostat can take over.
We are down in Brighton boiler is located in large kitchen cupboard housing.
Cheers

Attachments

• 008B5345-2891-465D-8AEB-E8FC297617AF.jpeg
    008B5345-2891-465D-8AEB-E8FC297617AF.jpeg
    879 KB · Views: 3,202
you add a live and neutral to those existing ones circled in your pic (with power isolated) and run them to your receiver, alternatively you can take the live and neutral from the fused spur if it is easier but everything must come from the same supply

Top right of your picture as I mentioned there's a terminal block, LNE, brown blue and green and yellow. live and neutral go in there.

It's a tight fit and fiddly so I snip off the ends of the existing live and neutral and strip back to expose the strands then twist together with the live and neutral from the thermostat.

Apologies for this but I’ve never done electrics before ever.
Please see another picture. Do I wire brown and blue into the blue or red circle? And am I correct in saying I don’t remove those wires that are currently there I add the receiver wires to them so effectively each brown/blue connector will have two wires screwed in?

Attachments

• 6887E5AE-9B20-4B3E-8F5D-D59E900684A9.jpeg
    6887E5AE-9B20-4B3E-8F5D-D59E900684A9.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 2,024
Apologies for this but I’ve never done electrics before ever.
Please see another picture. Do I wire brown and blue into the blue or red circle? And am I correct in saying I don’t remove those wires that are currently there I add the receiver wires to them so effectively each brown/blue connector will have two wires screwed in?
brown to brown and blue to blue, two wires in each connector then blue to neutral and brown to live on the receiver

My question is do I double up the blue and brown wires on the left hand side or right hand side of this white connector box?

Attachments

• 91E28AF6-716B-45DB-B7FD-DD8DAD93DA30.jpeg
    91E28AF6-716B-45DB-B7FD-DD8DAD93DA30.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 396

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back