Vokers Boiler-How many radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some advice here so hope you experts out there can help.

I have a vokera linea boiler which serves 12 radiators, these are single and measure between 50cm to 1m(I'm not at home right now so can't really be precise about the sizes).

I have had the system for about 4 years which is the time the house was built.

The problem is the radiators never really seem that warm, you can easily place your hand on them and hold it without getting burned. They have always been like this it hasn't changed over the years.

The water coming from the taps is fine, its just the radiators.

I need to re-pressurize the system every couple of months to top it up.

So do I have too many radiators on the system?
Or could I possibly have a leak!
Or is there something else that could be causing the problem.

I've not had it serviced in these years so maybe it's about time.

Your comments and advice would be gratefully appreciated as in Scotland its getting to that time of the year when the heating needs to be switched on.........that's right 'SUMMER' we call it.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
1000mm single 600mm high rad (no convector fins) will radiate 700 watts of heat. 12 will require 8.4kwatts of heat from the boiler. Either your measuring tape is broken, or you are running the boiler with heating thermostat set very low. Boiler can easily handle 20kw or more

Boiler should be serviced every 12 months.

Yes, you have a leak, more like a weep.

Thanks for the prompt reply DP.
Boiler thermostat is cranked up all the way as is the thermostats on all the radiators.
Now if I do have a leak where is the best place to start looking.

Connections into rads, blanks and bleed valves at top of rads, connections into boiler, flow and return ball valve isolation's. Check PRV output any evidence of water at all? If so, put bowl under it to monitor patern. Does it happen when heating on or just same amount at any time?

What are temperatures of flow and return pipes at boiler when heating at it's hottest?

Sponsored Links
Could be the heating output is too low. Need the manual and a corgi to check it at the boiler. But if you put your heating on full from cold anf time the gas used at the meter you'll have an idea. Time it for 1 cu ft (one rev if imperial), or time for 2 mins if metric/digital, and report back.

COuld also be a rad v near the boiler is wide open, so there isn't much flow to the rest of the system. Got a wee hottie?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back