Volkera Compact - Green flashing light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i have circa 15 year old Volkera Compact 24 boiler, seems almost sane as:

it is in my kitchen, next to it external 24hr timer and power switch, with thermostat control in hall.

i was changing the on/off hours on the timer, and now boiler won’t go on for central heating. At all, whatever I set on timer or thermostat. the timer still audibly ticks. The power switch powers boiler, timer, and I presume thermostat.

When powered on the Green LED flashes slowly. I understand this means boiler is in standby.

Turn on a hot rap, boiler starts up ok. Stops when hot water no longer required.

I think I’ve tried reset a few times, though precise procedure here isn’t clear.

Pressure is around 2 bar.

when I move the CH control around on boiler, the green LED flashes rapidly for a few seconds.

But LED on thermostat never lights up, and boiler never starts up, whatever setting I set on timer.

from reading here and elsewhere this looks like a connectivity problem with external timer/thermostat?

is there any straightforward way to confirm this ?

if so, is an electrician the right tradesman to contact first?

Thank, RT

Sponsored Links
Not at the property now, it’s too cold

Here’s 2 pics, maybe you might recognise it.
DC3D99C8-27EB-43E0-AE9B-E9B72BB66F7E.jpeg
B267E63E-4E68-488E-91C9-176105859450.png

The thermostat logo is Danfoss, the timer is from Drayton

Sponsored Links
rapid flashing of green light for heating or hot water is indicative of boiler startup of ignition process. Will culminate in solid green light after the burner is established. if the Burner does not light, the rapid flash will change to solid red.

Thermostat light is a separate issue. Boiler is already reading to demand for heating

when I move the CH control around on boiler, the green LED flashes rapidly for a few seconds.
That denotes that it is registering the movement of and a change in the CH flow temps and is normal.

Can you override/advance the programmer and does the CH come on then?

Thanks for answers.

In this case I slept somewhere else cos it was cold. When I came back boiler / CH were working properly. Both timer and thermostat now had solid green lights , as did boiler.

I dunno, likely user error. Maybe lack of patience.

Thanks for suggestions/comments

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back