Volkera flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I moved into our house 1year ago (house built mid-70's). I signed up to 'Home Care' got British Gas to check out our combi-boiler, although the boiler seems to be working ok, the bloke said "as the boiler is more than 15years old we should think about replacing the combi with a newer HE combi".
The model is a Volkera 20-80R.S. Flowmatic, Max Heating Output 23.3Kw set to 17.6Kw @ 60,000Btu/h, located in the kitchen.

Now, I was talking to a guy in my new 'local' he is a Heating Engineer and also happens to be Volkera agent/installer. He gave me a product catalogue and has recommended a Linea HE or a Unica HE.
My question is, are these Volkera's generally a good brand? Obviously the chap from the local is going to recommend a Volkera, but which one? or should I consider an alternative manufacturer? what do you think?

Thanks... confused!!

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with a Linea HE or any other boiler for that matter.

More pertinent is that you will get better value for money from an indeopendent installer than BG.

Tony

New Vokeras (and old)are good , reasonably priced boilers. They have just launched their new heat engine which looks the b0llocks and if it lives up to their quoted spec for efficiency and reliablitly then it will be the B0llocks too.

Sponsored Links
I say the Flowmatic knocks the pants off any Vokera model and many other makes.

Turbo is an older boiler. I can still maintain these boilers. Flowmatic may well be aged, but plenty life in the old dog yet.

Thanks guys, for your reply/advice.
Sorry i was unable to reply sooner, I had to dash off to a funeral and returned a bit worse for wear....

I will take on your advice and keep the old boiler (not referring to the wife!) for a while longer at least, until she starts playing up.... (now i wish it was the wife!!)

Thanks again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back