Vortice Quadro Super T Surface Centrifugal Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Would you be able to help me? I am trying to replace my bathroom fan but I am not an electrician. First time in my life I see electrical connectors that are not labelled and that is my problem (or maybe I don't know what am doing).

My old fan connection is:
switched fused spur --> wifi switch (only accepts live and neutral, no earth connection) --> extractor fan. I had to short permanent live and switched live to be able to use my old fan. Now I decided to replace the fan with Vortice Quadro Super T and I want to have the same connection
switched fused spur --> wifi switch --> extractor fan with short between PL and SL. Please help.

Installation manual:
https://www.vortice.ltd.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/12220_Instruction_Manual.pdf

God bless you all.

Attachments

• fan.PNG
    fan.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links
Ok, I am replying to myself. This is the answer (official, taken from vortice support):

Neutral into N1

Permanent Live into L2

Switched Live into 3

And then a link between L2 and 4 to set the fan on the high speed.

The fan will operate constantly after switching on.

Thanks for that.

I did reply to you this morning saying I did not understand the diagram but unfortunately posted it on the wrong thread for some reason.

Anyway, from what you have said the smaller diagram from the manual which you posted is indeed wrong.
Did they realise this when you spoke to them?

Thank you very much for your answer. They did not say anything else.

Everything worked as expected until I decided to set it up in normal speed mode. I "unlinked L2 and 4" but the fan has stopped working completely. I don't understand why but when I linked L2 with 5 it started working in normal speed mode. I guess "5" is open connection, without any "bridge" but I still don't understand why it has to be linked to two separate live connections for normal speed mode.

Sponsored Links
If I understand correctly:

Link L2 to 4 - runs high speed.
Link L2 to 5 - runs low speed.
No link does not work.

I would think that logical as 4 or 5 must be live for it to run.

Assuming there is a speed switch on the fan, then this would be a better way (the only way?) of wiring it.

Ignore the wiring to the light
upload_2021-11-13_14-16-45.png
if it is not controlled by your Wi-fi switch.
upload_2021-11-13_14-15-48.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back