Voted to stop transgender athletes from competing in women's elite races...

Transgender either way competing?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

At last, some common sense !!

EDIT: Let me add, if Mick Dundee can grab your balls and say 'That's a Sheila' , Simple test on entry. We need him there !! :D

Drunk, sorry children (In an Uncle Roger accent). "haiya"

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The idea that women should compete against women in womens sports seems very reasonable.

Sponsored Links
Yes swimming bodds have said that they must have transgendered by the age of 12

At least there is some common sense

Rugby stopped the caper some while back

I suppose a woman who declares "I am a man" is a transgender person

so she is a trangender person who is a woman.

I suppose a woman who declares "I am a man" is a transgender person

so she is a trangender person who is a woman.
But putting on a skirt and declaring yourself female don't make you a woman, does it?
A man's body is significantly different and gives them an advantage in sport...notwithstanding tennis, obviously. But athletics are another matter. And it'll be a cold day in hell before i see a woman's team beat men at football.

Surely on the physical aspects if nothing else, common sense has prevailed? I'm all for everyone in society being treated equally, however for me that doesn't mean we should be striving for a vanilla society where everything is the same and differences can only be celebrated if they fit into a certain narrative.

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it again. On this stuff and more, I think we're losing the plot. Doctors on tv coming out with garbage phrases like 'pregnant people', the NHS removing the term 'women' from various online pages and replacing it with 'anyone' when the page is specific to female issues.

I read something the other day from a same sex celeb couple, two guys. 'We're happy to announce we're pregnant with our second child.'

Eh?!? You're 'pregnant' with your next child?

No you're not. I'm surmising one of you has supplied the love juice and a female is pregnant with a child that will be popped out and brought up by you. Hopefully in a loving family. Can same sex couples bring children up well? Of course. That is logical to me. What isn't logical is to say 'we're pregnant' because, let's face it, you're not.

I just can't be bothered with it tbh. I'm starting to see it on email signature blocks under the persons name 'he/him' or 'she/her' or 'they/them.'

Whatever.

Surely on the physical aspects if nothing else, common sense has prevailed? I'm all for everyone in society being treated equally, however for me that doesn't mean we should be striving for a vanilla society where everything is the same and differences can only be celebrated if they fit into a certain narrative.

I've said it in other threads and I'll say it again. On this stuff and more, I think we're losing the plot. Doctors on tv coming out with garbage phrases like 'pregnant people', the NHS removing the term 'women' from various online pages and replacing it with 'anyone' when the page is specific to female issues.

I read something the other day from a same sex celeb couple, two guys. 'We're happy to announce we're pregnant with our second child.'

Eh?!? You're 'pregnant' with your next child?

No you're not. I'm surmising one of you has supplied the love juice and a female is pregnant with a child that will be popped out and brought up by you. Hopefully in a loving family. Can same sex couples bring children up well? Of course. That is logical to me. What isn't logical is to say 'we're pregnant' because, let's face it, you're not.

I just can't be bothered with it tbh. I'm starting to see it on email signature blocks under the persons name 'he/him' or 'she/her' or 'they/them.'

Whatever.
I glimpsed a headline on my news feed about a chap who didn't get a job because he refused to say whether or not he was pregnant.
Madness

and is the story true?
I've no idea, tbh, i didn't chase it up. Considering the insanity being promoted by right-wing Christian groups in the States, which leaks into our country like some kind of insidious mould, i wouldn't be surprised.
I blame Bruce Jenner for all this; complaining nobody was taking him seriously as a 'woman'.
That's because you're still a bloke. Numpty.

Sponsored Links
Back