Voted to stop transgender athletes from competing in women's elite races...

Transgender either way competing?

• Total voters
I glimpsed a headline on my news feed about a chap who didn't get a job because he refused to say whether or not he was pregnant.
Madness
I think the story was about a bloke who wasn't allowed to give blood because he refused to tick the box about whether he was pregnant or not.

I agree that the NHS has gone so far overboard, they are in danger of drowning in wokery.

Sponsored Links
Before anyone starts, I'm NOT equating the following things with each other. Now and again, something transformational happens in society. For example the start and end of segregation. The women's rights movement. Gay rights. Moving from horse & cart to mechanical vehicles. The introduction of the telephone. Moving from horse drawn carriages to trains. The advent of the Internet. etc etc.

Some of these changes have a more defined start and end date, some will likely be works in progress for years/decades/forever. All of them create differences of opinion across society, that's human nature. In most cases, after the initial change period, things usually settle down to whatever degree. For example in America, although some idiots will hark for the days of segregation, most American's now accept that black people should have the same opportunities as white people. Race issues still crop up, often significantly so, however few are calling for a return to those days.

I suspect the same will happen around all this LGBTQ stuff. Many (most?) of the younger generations coming through now won't bat an eyelid about the pronoun debate etc as it's all they'll have known. So referring to people as 'they' as opposed to 'he/she' will just happen without much thought. As for the inclusion in sport stuff, it'll hopefully find its own (correct) balance over the coming years.

What we need to be very careful about is not allowing debate to be quashed if views don't fit with the so-called woke agenda.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea what they have come up with on this subject. For what could be called athletic type sports which includes tennis and others I think the only categorical answer is sex at birth. Anything else ignores the facts that lead to the segregation in the first place. Treatments just add to variability and can't really have known results.

Arguments and views - an increasing factor of modern life. I don't think there is much scope for that in this particular area. There are in some other areas.

I glimpsed a headline on my news feed about a chap who didn't get a job because he refused to say whether or not he was pregnant.
Madness
I read that, but it was not about a job, it was for giving blood. Pregnant women (why it says that I've no idea, as men can't get pregnant) are not allowed to give blood. Their loss if they refuse to allow him to give blood without answering. I just hope that no one dies due to a shortage of blood available, and that the jobsworth who refused is proud.

What we need to be very careful about is not allowing debate to be quashed if views don't fit with the so-called woke agenda.

Or, indeed, if they don't fit in with the TRA agenda.

That transgender bloke who entered the women's weightlifting competition and finished second. They reckon he might have won if he'd done more work on his snatch.
,:)

Should transgender men or women be allowed to compete in mixed doubles tennis tournaments?

If so what's the combination?

People forget that not to long ago in England of all places being in love with someone from your own gender was a crime.

no, someone of the same sex.

and "being in love" was not a crime. only certain sexual acts.

and if both parties were women, it was not a crime.

I am a bit surprised that you are so ignorant.

Sponsored Links
Back