VRT 360 roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any problems installing this device?
I've had a look at tech sheets and the wiring diagram conflicts with a caution written for my eco-tec pro28.
It basically says connect to pins 3&4, but then later it sayas don't use 3&4 in UK!
I'm confused.
I currently have a thermostat from the 70's

Sponsored Links
Be EXTREMELY careful....
Vaillants have both high voltage (mains) and low voltage teminals for external controls. Putting mains on the low volts will blow the PCB comprehensively.

The VRT 360 install guide seems perfectly clear.....
Two wires onto the 'BUS' connections on the boiler.

Or are you referring to other documentation?

Sponsored Links
I've done alot of late shifts lately.
I don't even want a 360 its a 230 I need! :oops: Better install instructions...

Don't ask me where I got 3 & 4 from, I just read the manual again :oops:

Man.... :LOL:

Sine I have an old thermostat I don't think the ebus bizness is of any usefulness is it?
I dunno, I just want a gadget to control my heating from the living room instead of having to dart in a dark cupboard and fumble with the lack of a backlit disply (what an oversight on a modern appliance) to turn on the system.

Seeing as we're having a moan about vaillant (well I am) has anyone experienced a horrible grinding noise from the diverter valvE?

eBus as on the VRT 360 lets you modify the radiator temperature as well as the room temperature and lots of other clever stuff.
But just to turn heating on and off according to time and room temperature, all you need is the 'cooking' version, with two wires onto different terminals in the boiler.

OK! :rolleyes:
Just to complicate things I have a timer t140 on the boiler.
This vrt230 thing seems to do the bizness, can I loose the t140?

The VRT360 has the capability to lower the rad temperature as the room reaches the target temperature. And maybe to start heating at a lower temperature to see if it can reach the target quickly enough at a lower rad temperature.

This will enable the boiler to operate more closely to the condensing mode and thus be more efficient.

Over the course of a few years this will probably pay for itself many times over in gas cost savings.

Tony

Hiya I have just had a vaillant ecotech pro 28 fitted. Which controls would you recommend? I was thinking about the crt30 with timeswitch 140, but have seen the vrt 360. Do you need a thermostat with this? I am unsure what ebus is either. Can anyone recommend which is better, I want basic controls and to be able to program the heating to come on and go off a few times a day. The installer has installed me a wireless thermostat which is no use at all you have to have it on all the time and the minimum temp is 10 degrees! I need to be able to turn it off as my bill was huge!!

thanks

If your installer has actually fitted this combi with no timeswitch/programmer, then call him back as he has done an illegal installation.

Why should you pay for his cock up?

A VRT 130 would suffice and plug into the front of your boiler.

Clever though it is, we find the VRT360 is too complicated for most customers. In fact, if we haven't fitted one for a fortnight, the manual has to come out again.

If you have connected it to 3 and 4, you won't have a working one anyway, so problem solved.

hiya thanks for your replies, he has actually fitted a salus thermostat but I cant turn it off and the house is often below the 10 degrees minimum as there is no carpets and doors on it yet so the heating is constanly coming on and my bills are very high!!

I a bit of research am thinking of a timeswitch 140 and a vrt 30 (and removing the salus), vaillant say that these work together. The only problem I have now is that the vrt 30 needs to be wired and of course all the replastering is done!! I have got a vrt 30 off ebay for £7 but this doesnt come with any wires, what wires will I need as I am going to try and get the same guy back to fit this one for free but want to make sure everything is there and ready for him. Will have to put the salus thermostat down to experience and perhaps sell it on ebay!!

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back