vs-mon-on-demand file

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every time my PC boots, it goes into a routine that stores a "vs-mon-on-demand" file in Internet Logs on my C Drive, which is slowing down my boot up, apart from filling up my limited hard drive space.
Any ideas, where this .exe came from and how do I stop it running everytime PC boots?
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
'Tea Timer' an optional run tool, part of 'Spybot search and Destroy'.

ResidentTeaTimer Tools
What is the Resident TeaTimer?

The Resident TeaTimer is a new tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options how to deal with this process in the future: You can set TeaTimer to:

- be informed, when the process tries to start again
- automatically kill the process
- or generally allow the process to run There is also an option to delete the file associated with this process.

In addition, TeaTimer detects, when something wants to change some critical registry keys. TeaTimer can protect you against such changes again giving you an option: You can either "Allow" or "Deny" the change. As TeaTimer is always running in the background, it takes some resources of about 5 MB.

Why does Resident TeaTimer terminate the application before asking?

Because threats like toll dialers are time critical - they cost from the first second they've connected. In order to protect you, these have to be terminated at the moment they appear before they can connect at all.

Why is the TeaTimer called "TeaTimer"?
As we used to forget our tea, when we let it brew, we built a small tool with a system tray icon to remind us. We called this tool "TeaTimer". When we started to develop the Resident tool for Spybot-S&D, we also needed a system tray icon for this. As we do not like having too many icons in the system tray, we decided to put both tools together and kept the name "TeaTimer". The next version of the Resident tool will also have the functions of the original "TeaTimer".

You can find the Resident TeaTimer in the tools section.

:)

Sponsored Links
Back