VW Golf 1.6 2001 Whining noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with this?....My wife's just bought a Golf 1.6 SE with 32k on the clock....At 2400RPM ONLY, there is a whining/vibrating. This is brief when passing through this rate, but continues if I hold the RPM there. Surely not gearbox? Could it just be an exhaust vibration? Hope someone recognises this.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help with this?....My wife's just bought a Golf 1.6 SE with 32k on the clock....At 2400RPM ONLY, there is a whining/vibrating. This is brief when passing through this rate, but continues if I hold the RPM there. Surely not gearbox? Could it just be an exhaust vibration? Hope someone recognises this.

Power of Internet search!!! I know it is a long time since you posted the query, but how did you get this problem resolved? or did you? I seem to have the same problem on my Golf (in fact I suspect it might be the same car!) Let me know in any case! Cheers!

Sponsored Links

Power of Internet search!!! I know it is a long time since you posted the query, but how did you get this problem resolved? or did you? I seem to have the same problem on my Golf (in fact I suspect it might be the same car!) Let me know in any case! Cheers!

A long time? It's been nearly 6 years :p

Back