VW Void bushes and solid bushes on wishbone front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i have a vw tuaran 05 plate and i am experiencing wandering when i accelerate and found that the front wishbone rubbers both sides are badly worn and the void bush is ripped how difficult are they to do as i cant get a workshop manual as the don't make one yet for the tuaran i have access to a hydrolic press a mobile one. and a very good tool box any help appreciated regards bazz

Sponsored Links
Don't have any experience of your particular car but the worn bushes could certainly be the cause of your problem. There shouldn't be any particular problem with pressing them out and in although some ingeniousity maybe required with suitable spacers and inserts.

When changing void bushes take careful note of there oreintation as the replacements have to go back in the same position.

Peter

thanks peter i am aware that the weight of the car has to be on the void bushes before you tighten then up so as that the tension is up and down
its a pity that you cant find a manual for the tuaran thanks again peter

Sponsored Links
mursal

are these tools any good

sealey vag suspension bush tool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA4z2eZA3yU

what im looking at doing in a few months is the lower wisbone bushes on a seat ibiza 1.2 last owner recons they was advised on last mot as worn but not mot fail at the condition they was in then
seat use same as vw but no one has yet been able to tell me what model and years are the same in seat and vw so im unsure whether this tool would work on the ibiza the ibiza are metel cup type ones as on video which i think is vw polo type
any advise welcomed
terry

Back