w/m waste pipe and sink wast pipe????? HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washing machine waste pipe joins down to my sink waste pipe on a t section and the it goes to where i cant see, the sink pipe goes straight down to the top of the t pipe and the washing comes up from the bottom then the bit that tee's off is where it goes to where ever it goes, now iv had to put a new t pipe on and connected it all up right but when the washing machine is on the water backflows up the waste pipe but water from the sink drains out with no probz, i can blow down both pipes with no probz so i i doubt its blocked?, any ideas??? HELP!!!

Sponsored Links
wht you see is all you need to see really? thats the t piece i change and the other pick is where the water is cuming out of.

By pressing the windows button +U then starting magnifier it is apparent that the outlet waste is 32mm and the washing machine waste is 40mm. Am I right or do I need better pic?

There could be a blockage at the reducer.
The reducer could be the blockage!

Increase the full waste size through the tee and down to the drain to 40mm OR
You could try a washing machine waste tee which leaves no part of the drainage system or even just trap water open to the air.

Another reason I wanted to see more is to check that you had a proper washing machine trap there and not a connection that would allow drain smells back into the room

Sponsored Links
thats right its has a reducer then goes to the tea section its all 32mm and the old was 40mm but nothink is blocked becuz before i put the you bend on for the sink it would flow up that tube as well as back flowing?? there isnt a back valve for the washing machine either?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back