Waco connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Simple question, I have a few two way connectors. Is it safe and secure to put two solid wires into one receptacle? These would be lighting cables in the ceiling rose.

Sponsored Links
No, each conductor should be in its own receptacle .

There are a very few exceptions but I have not listed them for the sake of clarity.

Thanks for the advice. In my situation what is best solution? This Is a metal light fitting and the rose has limited space inside. I’m not sure that four x three way Waco blocks will fit inside.

Are you able to access the ceiling void from above? Or fit one of these Wago inline box if there's a big enough hole where the cables come out the ceiling?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In the end I bought a small bag of Ideal 3 way connectors and used them. I did strip back more of the outer sheaf to make less bulk. I was genuinely surprised how easy it was with the push fit connectors. In the end all four connectors fitted inside the metal rose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back