Wago connector size.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have 6mm T&E cable going to 6mm SWA. I was going to connect them with Wago connectors.

One site (TLC Direct) says Wago 773-173 Push Wire Connector 2.5mm - 6.0mm which makes sense but another site (Toolstation) says I can use
Wago 221 Compact Lever Connectors 0.5 to 6mm² but on TLC direct these are Wago 221 Compact Lever Splicing Connector 4.00mm.

So the question is, will I need the Wago 773 series or can I use the Wago 221 series for the 6mm cable?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It seems at some point Wago changed the specification on the 221 series from 4mm to 6mm, it's not clear to me if there was a corresponding actual change to the product and if-so whether there is any way to identify new vs old production.

Look at the manufacturer's product code for both items, there is...

221-412
and
221-612

Last edited:
Well spotted!

It would have been nice if they had made the 6mm terminals a different color or something, and made it clear that these were new products rather than an update to an existing product. In particular the 221-6xx are larger than the corresponding 221-4xx which seems likely to cause compatibility issues with enclosures.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Guys,

great advice. Thank you for your responses. Certainly explains what is going on.

Best wishes. Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back