Wago connectors and light fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just discovered these, and they look like they will make my light wiring a lot easier.. also seen a few reputable vids on you tube, and have a simple question...

I have 2 pendant lights (each of which has 3 bulbs) and can be independently controlled from a single dual dimmer switch.

The light fitting nearest the socket has 3 green, 2 black and 1 red cable, the 2nd further away, has 2 green 2 black and 1 red cable. This is the way it has always been.

I can use the 2 wire lighting cage clamp for the black, and a single for the red. I can then use a 4 & 3 lever connector for the green, as each of the pendants has one. However, each of the pendants has 3 live and 3 neutral, can I simply twist the live together and insert into the appropriate clamp, and the same with the neutral?

Vids and info I have read suggest only one cable per hole, so If I cant do this I assume I would need a 4 way lever connector to which I can attached either the neutral/live, so I then have a single cable I can connect to the cage clamp...

Thanks...

Sponsored Links
No, you can't twist them together. Your conclusion is right. Have a look at their website for instructions. Once you've seen them, it will be clear which connectors you need and how to use them, but I must admit, just looking at the connectors without the instructions is misleading as to what you can do. They are great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back