Another ceiling light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm fitting a new flush fitting bathroom ceiling light to replace the old pendant fitting. There are 3 grey wires coming through the ceiling (red, black and earth in each). In the pendant 2 of the blacks are in connectors with the blue light fitting wire, the 3 reds are in the middle connectors and the third black wire (switched live - I'll stick some red tape on it) is connected to the brown light fitting wire. All well and good.

My problem is with the new light fitting - the connections for this are in a small block with 4 holes with 3 of them displaying live, earth and neutral. I'm not clear on how to connect it - even with the instructions! My other problem is the hole into the fitting is quite small to fit 3 lots of wire through - would it be possible to put in a junction box in the loft above the light fitting to then be able to feed 1 wire through for the light itself? What wires would I need to connect to do that?

Any advice gratefully received.

Regards

Matthew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back