Lighting problem no lights now!

No - the Mods have removed the spam. I posted what I did in the (admittedly very faint) hope that if the spammer saw it he would, being Chinese, be offended and upset at the loss of face.

Sponsored Links
And please also learn how things work, i.e. what a switch does, and how therefore it can't possibly have line and neutral going to it, which conductors are which in a traditional ceiling rose etc.

This is not a dig - it's just that I passionately believe that people should genuinely understand what they are doing, not just be able to follow instructions to put-this-wire-in-that-hole without knowing why.

BAS - You need to understand that some people don't know what they don't know and that is a very dangerous place to be. They plough ahead unaware of where their lack of knowledge will take them. The OP was here.

It is far safer when you know that you don't know. The OP is now here

I agree, and I often cite the "unknown unknowns" problem as a reason why people can't carry out involved jobs, like rewires, circuit design, CU swaps/installs etc by just asking questions here because they will only ask about things they realise they don't know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back