wago connectors for old rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi gents ( and ladies if your here too)
decided to get wago connectors as the helgar box is way too tight for the 4 cables going to the rose and another out makes 5 ,so possibly 15 wires squeezed in:(
going off the photo of the present set up ,what wagos would i need to do it safely and correctly,any help would be welcome ! Gracias
old rose.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you can squeeze another cable in there. Easier than starting again.
What are you trying to do ?

Im Trying to change the rose so I can pop all wires safely up in to void leaving just one wire for a flush New fitted light.

wago connectors still need to be in an enclosure, and it they are not accesible for inspection you need an approved "maintainance free" combination of enclosure and terminals.

5 cables into a J501 really shouldn't be a problem, there is considerablly more room inside one of those than inside a ceiling rose.

Sponsored Links
Yes it would be easier, just knowing what wires go in a 2,a 3,a,4 etc that's why I'm asking, Wago how many and what goes where,
I think I have it but want someone with a knowledge I couldn't posses to guide me!!!
That's diynot, the Samaritan of the diy world!!

Wago how many and what goes where,
The existing rose contains 4 separate connectors

roseconn.jpg

if replacing with other connectors, you need the same quantity of them, and they need to have enough space for the number of wires in each.

That's brilliant that , thank you so much!
So a 2 connector and three 4 wagos looks right but you blocking them off like that is so helpful, to me it's spaghetti junction but that simplifies things for me and I'm sure others thanks again!!

Thanks for that, I have a basic understanding, changed a rose for a quick wire fitting last week ,switch wires, loop in,out and wires to light, just this has an extra set and the hagar box was too tight so was asking about wagos, and as I said the pictorial information given by flameport will benefit not only me but others.
But without doubt I am a novice and do a bit of learning before I start anything!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back